Bearded dragons don’t need anyone for living healthy and healthy, they could make it on their own. They like to dominate their territory and if they would find their kingdom is in danger then they could be very dangerous.
Being a manager of two or more bearded dragons in the same enclosure you should take care of many things. Here we would tell you what safety measures you should take into the place.
You better know the nature of the bearded dragon that they like loneliness. They even want you to take care of them. Putting two bearded dragons you will be making a loss of their privacy.
They could do anything to get it back.
If you have two or more bearded dragon in the same shelter then you could have the following problems –
- The dragon can harm each other.
- Different gender bearded dragon can process for reproduction. In this situation, your work will increase.
- If dragons are in different sizes then bigger can always hurt the smaller ones.
- 1 Keep These Points in mind for keeping bearded dragon together
- 2 Understanding different combinations of Bearded Dragon
Keep These Points in mind for keeping bearded dragon together
- Always keep attention on the behavior of the dragons you have put together and any fighting symptoms you find, immediately separate them.
- Make sure the female bearded dragon is 24 months old if you want to put a couple of bearded dragons together.
- If a younger bearded dragon participates in mating there would be some problems like egg binding to prevent her from laying her age.
- You should take the female dragon to the veterinarian to examining. The veterinarian would suggest appropriate health supplements for her.
Understanding different combinations of Bearded Dragon
Adult and Young Bearded Dragon –
In this situation, the adult dragon will intimidate the younger one. Younger will not get its meal and could die of starvation or, the adult dragon could take the younger one as its dinner.
Beaded Dragon is a cruel being and has no parental instincts so this combination will never work. Even in the wild, the baby bearded dragon should survive on their own. So never put a younger dragon with an adult dragon even with the mother.
Two or more Young Bearded Dragons –
This is a good combination to have. Young dragons are of similar size and when they were very new to this world you can put them together until they get adult.
There is a better chance that bearded dragons grow together can live well together in the adult age but, at a point, you will need to separate them for territorial reasons.
Two or more adult Female Bearded Dragons –
Female bearded dragons are less aggressive than the male counterparts so this combination could work.
You can place one male Bearded dragon with two female ones but, you will need to keep watching if they were fighting with each other for mating.
Putting Bearded Dragons for Mating
If you want to put your bearded dragons for mating, you can but not for a longer time. You will need to do some preparation before doing so –
- Make sure the Male dragon is a minimum of 18 months old and the female dragon is a minimum of 24 months old
- Both were in good health condition.
- The length of the dragons would be 18 inches. Female counterpart weight should be a minimum of 350 grams.
- Check for the adenovirus before mating.
- Give vitamin D and calcium to female dragons
- Arrange enough space for both the dragons. Try to arrange 125 gallons area if not possible 75 gallons are the minimum requirement.
- Brumation when they were separate.
- You should know the behavior of bearded dragons they do before mating and what exactly happens when a male and female dragons mate.
Safety Steps to follow when putting two or more bearded dragons together –
- Look them closely if they were hurting, biting, scratching each other, or, for their health is good or not.
- Follow the instructions we have told above before putting dragons for mating
- Make a multi-level vivarium. You can put individual enclosures on top of each other.
- If you have one bearded dragon, it is recommended to have two female dragons.
- Make sure to make enough space in the enclosure for moving around, bask, eat and sleep, etc.
We really can’t say that it is good or bad to put two bearded dragons together.
We have tried to cover every safety aspect of putting two bearded dragons together. We recommend that you go with multiple experts advice and make proper arrangement before doing so.