The Savannah monitor is known to be an awesome pet and that is the reason many reptile lovers want to keep them as a pet. But as we know that not all people can keep it as a pet and that is why they are only recommended for experienced owners and not for beginners.
So make sure when you bring them as a pet you need to know everything about them so that you do not have to face any problem while keeping them as a pet. In this guide regarding the savannah monitor, we will discuss the topic that how can we tame the savannah monitor so that we can give them a healthy lifestyle and also a satisfactory one.
Why is it not so easy to tame savannah monitor?
As with other reptiles taming the savannah monitor is not an easy thing so you need to make sure that you are able to handle them in a comfortable manner. It takes time to tame the savannah monitor and that is the reason it is recommended for the experienced owners who have the patience to deal with them. Also, another reason is that the savannah monitor takes time to get used to its new enclosure.
So till that time you need to calm down with them and let them get used to it. Another challenge is that they are solitary creatures which means that they love to stay alone so you need to give them their personal time and space so that they can get comfortable with you. These are some of the main challenges that you will face when you have to tame the savannah monitor which is comparatively tougher than other savannah monitors.
How to tame your savannah monitor?
There are various steps that you should follow in order to tame the savannah monitor so that both the owner and the pet can live in peace with each other and those various steps are listed below:-
- The first step is that you need to choose a savannah monitor that is healthy and active if you are getting it from the pet store.
- The savannah monitor will not get attached to the enclosure so soon they will take their own to adjust to their new environment and in order to handle such a situation, you need to be calm with them and do not force anything on them because then they will not like you at all.
- Make sure that you do complete research before bringing them to your place so that you both are comfortable with each other and give space to one another.
- The savannah monitor likes eating food from an early age so you need to make sure that you provide them with healthy food so that they can live a healthy and fit life. Also, the food that you will give to them should be fresh and organic and that is liked by them. If you will do so they will bond with you and you can bond with each other nicely.
- The savannah monitor can stay calm and relaxed when you will bathe them. Bathing is the best way to relax them and you need to make sure that when you are bathing them to disturb them much and give them their alone time as they are enjoying it.
- Now after the bath you can give them your hand they will climb slowly onto your hand as they will gain trust in you which will be helpful for both of you.
- When the savannah monitor is young they are active in nature and also they will cause problems for you at this age because they will be new and it will take time for them to get adjusted to the new environment.
- The savannah monitor will get calmer eventually when they will grow old and bigger in size and also as time will pass with their owner it will be easy for the owners to handle the savannah monitor and also they get used to them.
- The last thing that is very important for taming the savannah monitor is that you need to give them time and be patient with them so that they can live a safe and comfortable life and try to observe them carefully so that they do not face any issue and provide them with best of everything which will make it easy for you to handle them.
These are some of the important steps that will help you to tame your savannah monitor and which will lead to a great relationship between the owner and the savannah monitor.
The savannah monitor is a cool pet if they bond well with their owners and also when they become friends with them. But they take time to get used to everything which is why they are not meant for everyone and the people who have the patience to keep a pet can keep a savannah monitor.