Disclosure : We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Bearded dragon is the native animal of Australian deserts, and it makes a nice and cute pet. When you are deciding to keep a pet, you must remember that you need to keep all the essentials ready for it, which otherwise it would have got when in its natural habitat. In case of bearded dragon, which is an ectothermic animal, external source of heat, like sunlight is vital.
The heat helps to synthesize the calcium in their body. This way vitamin D is processed in their body. If the light source is not added to their cages, then it will result in metabolic bone disease and other health complications.
The best source of the heat is natural sunlight which you can avail for it, if you put a leash on your pet and keep it outside for a certain time for basking. The dragons can seek or hide from the heat if they feel that the body has received enough amount of heat.
- 1 Best UVB Bulb For Bearded Dragon
- 1.1 Zilla UVB Fluorescent Bulb 18 Inch
- 1.2 100 watt UVA UVB Mercury Vapor lamp
- 1.3 Reptile heat lamp bulb 60w ceramic heat emitter
- 1.4 Reptisun 10.0 UVB (Fluorescent Light)
- 1.5 Wohostam 100W 1 Pack Infrared Ceramic Lamp
- 1.6 Mega-Ray Mercury Vapor Bulb
- 1.7 My ComfyPet UVB and UVA light 2-in1 Bulb 100W for Bearded Dragons
- 1.8 Exo Terra HeatGlo Infrared Spot Lamp 150W
- 1.9 LUCKY HERP Desert UVA/UVB Reptile Fluorescent Light
Best UVB Bulb For Bearded Dragon
The basic requirements for a bearded dragon are a decent enclosure, dragon substrate, water dish, UVB bulbs, and necessary heating apparatus. If you want your pet to stay healthy and fit, then the best way is to arrange for all these things.
The UVB bulbs are now common and necessary products and many a brands are manufacturing these items. We are here listing the best 9 UVB bulbs which will be good for the bearded dragons.
Zilla UVB Fluorescent Bulb 18 Inch
This is not the most famous brand for UVB bulbs, specifically the Repti sun brand scores more than it in terms of popularity, but you can call it a viable option. This can provide adequate level of UVB light to your bearded dragon. In a small sized tank this bulb works smartly.
- This one is from the desert series of the brand, which offers 50 T8 bulb. For the desert dwelling animals like bearded dragon this is a great option.
- The bulb offers full spectrum lighting which results in better colour of the environment and the animals.
- The working capacity sustains in its best for 12 months, after which you should replace the bulb to get the best quality of UVB lights. Users are moreover happy with this product.
- When you install a new bulb, you may see some erratic lights but after few seconds it starts working fine. In case you find it being erratic, switch it off and then again switch it on.
- It offers really bright and strong light like natural sunlight and it may burn your skin if you stay too long in its light.
- Strong light
- Easily available
- Works perfect for desert animals
- Great packaging
Fixture defective in some pieces
100 watt UVA UVB Mercury Vapor lamp
If you are not sure about the power source for your bearded dragon, then this Mercury vapour lamp with 100 watt power and UVA UVB light option is best for your pet.
- The manufacturing of this bulb is ballast safe and no harmful UVC emission will be found in it. This is a high quality bulb and it offers best comfort for your reptile pet.
- You can install it in any kind of enclosure like vivariums, tanks, terraruiums and vision cages. The product from this manufacturer is always tested so it does not affect your pet in any harmful way.
- This offers the light of perfect daylight quality and brightness.
- The testing done on this bulb is a three step one and it ensures longer life span for this bulb. You should follow the directions to know how it will work in its best way.
- Do not use it with dimmers or rheostats. It will outdo many of its competitors with its quality and durability.
- Ready for all type of enclosure
- Light quality similar to natural light
- Top rated customer service
- 3 step tested lights
Size large for small enclosure
Reptile heat lamp bulb 60w ceramic heat emitter
This mushroom shaped lamp looks cute enough to grab it.
This is a low watt bulb which is good for a small cage. Your pet can come with close contact but will not be harmed anyway due to the low watt.
It can work all day long but no overheating will be caused. Before removing it from the socket, you should let it cool for an hour at least or you can get burnt as the body of the lamp gets heated while on.
- The bulb is made by ceramic and that is why it is much durable.
- You can use this bulb even if you are situated in a humid place. The soft heat emitted by it warms the pet as well as the enclosure.
- It is very much heat efficient as it emits the long wave infrared rays. The heat does not disturb the sleeping habit of the pets.
- The ceramic used in the making of this bulb is high purity pottery clay which makes the bulb anti-crack.
- No harm to pets if they come close to the bulb
- Great for humid places
- Warms the pet and the enclosure
- Ceramic made bulb
- Good for 24×7 hour use
Low heat emission
Reptisun 10.0 UVB (Fluorescent Light)
This is a reputed brand and the product Reptisun 10.0 UVB (Fluorescent Light) is one of their most popular items. You can expect adequate amount of UVB from this bulb and it offers warmth to any kind of enclosure.
- You need to replace the bulb once in 6 months and enjoy the better environment for your pet. This is the best way to receive the optimum level of UVB lights.
- Along with 100% UVB it also offers 30% of UVA light. For a large terrarium this light will be most suitable.
- The price is moderate for this product, and it is actually a tested product which ensures that your dragon is no way harmed with the light of this bulb.
- The pets will stay perky in their enclosure and you will be happy to see them in healthy condition.
- Great product
- Moderate price
- Suitable for all enclosures
Fitting may be problem for some
Wohostam 100W 1 Pack Infrared Ceramic Lamp
When you are not seeking the light but the heat source for your bearded dragon, then try this one. The Wohostam 100W ceramic lamp offers heat and yet is called lamp. This is an all total interesting product and it offers right kind of atmosphere inside the enclosure.
- The item is made of ceramic which enhances the radiation.
- As it does not emit light, the pet will have no difficulty in sleeping. You can keep it on for 24 hours and it will work incessantly.
- The total working hour it offers is 15000.
- Solid ceramic element is the ingredient of this lamp.
- It is easy to install and use. Only the screw needs to be fitted into the screw socket and you are good to go.
- The surface temperature of the bulb is really high when it is on, so do not try to touch it to check the temperature. Also maintain a safe distance from the pets to the lamp to avoid any accident.
- No light only heat emission
- No disturbance for the pets to sleep
- 24 hour heat supply
- Ceramic material
Not long lasting
Mega-Ray Mercury Vapor Bulb
This one can be called all in one bulb. It provides necessary UVB, UVA and heat to offer better life for your pet creature. This one is much stronger than the fluorescent bulbs and thus you should never fix it inside the tank of bearded dragon.
- It is meant to be kept over the tank.
- This is a self ballasted mercury vapour lamp, and it is the longest lasting bulb in this list.
- The heat emitted from this bulb intrigues the synthesis of vitamin D3. So there will be no chance of metabolic bone disease with this bulb fixed on the enclosure.
- You need to hang this bulb at the minimum height of 18” and it will offer 150 to 200 microwatts of UVB rays.
- According to some users the bulb can work for more than 5 years which means it has superb potential.
- The calcium consumption will be maximum with this mercury vapour bulb which is great for any reptiles. However, if you use this bulb outdoor, then the longevity may differ.
- If you bump on the jar or bulb, it will automatically stop working, but it will come back to life after 15 minutes. This is a self sustaining method of the bulb as bumping can damage the filament.
- Long lasting
- Moderate price
- Great heat emission
- Energizes the reptiles
My ComfyPet UVB and UVA light 2-in1 Bulb 100W for Bearded Dragons
For reptiles it is necessary to have both UVB and UVA light. For the same reason we have mentioned a few lamps earlier which offer both kind of rays. This is another addition to this UVA plus UVB light emitting bulb.
- This two in one self ballasted bulb is one of the best choices for the reptile pets. Your pet’s appetite will be boosted by this bulb, and it will also prevent the metabolic bone diseases in them.
- You can expect 10000 hours work from one bulb. The natural colour in reptiles will be exhibited in this light.
- You must use only 1000W fixtures with it.
- The screws are self ballasted and can be fixed to any standard lamp fixtures.
- Vitamin D3 production is increased if you use this bulb, and calcium is absorbed through the skin of the reptile.
- When overheated the bulb has an internal shutdown process to work. This is a great process to keep the bulb steady for long use.
- Great for bearded dragon
- Maintains their natural colour
- The enclosure as well as the pet gets ample heat
- Long lasting
- Automatic shutdown when overheated
- Great customer service
- Will work only with 1000W fixtures
Exo Terra HeatGlo Infrared Spot Lamp 150W
This lamp is manufactured to keep the peace at while your pets will be sleeping. The emission of red light confirms the fact. The heat emitted from the lamp ensures proper digestion of your reptile pet.
- Infrared heat emission is ensured in this lamp.
- The overall temperature is maintained at a high inside the enclosure.
- You can view the pets at the night time in red light and if you combine the Exo Terra reptilo-glo or sun-glo bulb you will get the best result.
- You can keep the heat source on for whole day.
- The heat emission encourages the activities of the reptiles and appetite in the pet is boosted by it also.
- There is a built in reflector which can channelize the light to your direction. The red light ensures deep and undisturbed sleep for your pets.
- All kinds of terrariums will be suitable for this light.
- Red light for undisturbed sleep
- Heat emission boosts appetite
- Energizes the pets
- Fit for all kinds of terrarium
- Not too long lasting
LUCKY HERP Desert UVA/UVB Reptile Fluorescent Light
This is yet another addition to the products lists which combines both UVB and UVA rays. The balanced emission is great for your reptile friend.
- It offers 10% UVB output which means calcium synthesis will be done in regular flow.
- Other than that 30% output of UVA rays increases the energy of the animals and they feel ready to stay active.
- Fluorescent bulb is really efficient for the reptiles and bearded dragon will feel energetic once you put this bulb into their enclosure.
- Desert animals feel homely under the ray of this bulb.
- This one is surely one of the best UVB bulbs for bearded dragons. The brand confirms that it does not emit any toxic ray like UVC.
- You need an E26 socket to use this bulb.
- The emission of UVB is stable and fading out rate is low in this bulb.
- In the presence of this bulb you do not need to worry about the vitamin D3 and calcium absorption.
- Great for bearded dragon
- Energizes the pet
- UVB and UVA combined emission
- Low fading out of UVB
- Good customer service
Anyone who loves his or her pet will definitely try to get the best arrangements for them. If you are a pet lover then you will also try to do your best and in that process you may waste a handful.
But spending a huge sum does not mean you are getting the best appliances.
So we have tried to select a few of the best UVB bulbs available for the pets.
To provide the features of natural habitat in a man-made atmosphere within enclosure is not easy and it needs lots of knowledge and ingredients. By adding a UVB bulb you will be helping the pet to stay healthy and energetic for longer years.