The anoles are small lizards that belong to the family of reptiles and are insectivorous in nature. As they are preferred by the beginners and are easy to maintain and are also inexpensive so that is why they are preferred as pets by many people. As any other reptile, the anoles also need light bulbs in order to provide heat and light to them, so that they can perform various activities in the presence of these bulbs.
These light bulbs are not the common light bulbs but are special light bulbs that are specially designed for the anoles and in this article, we will specifically talk about the best light bulbs that are available in the market for anole.
Why anole need lighting bulbs?
The anole needs a lighting bulb because these bulbs provide visible light inside the terrarium so that they are able to see inside it even at night time. These light bulb snot only provide light but also provide heat so that appropriate temperature gradient is maintained inside the terrarium.
These lights bulbs also provide them with UVA or UVB rays that are very important for the anoles in order to absorb calcium and also it provides Vitamin D similar as it is provided by the natural sunlight.
These light bulbs help them to get lots of nutrients that they can get from nature outside you can provide these nutrients to them through these light bulbs if natural sunlight is not available and also can be beneficial at night time too.
So providing the anoles with a light bulb is very essential and you should not skip this and give them the best that is available for them as only then they can live a happy and healthy life without any stress as these light bulbs will create an appropriate environment for the surviving purpose inside the terrarium which will resemble their natural habitat respectively.
Top Light Bulbs for Anole
The best 5 light bulb for anole that is available in the market for providing them with essential lighting to them inside the terrarium during the night or even day time in some cases are given as follows:-
1. Exo Terra Night Heat Lamp 100 W
The Exo terra night heat lamp 100 W is one of the best light bulbs that is also used for the heating purpose too and it is not too bright so it does not disturb the anole’s night and day cycle. The colour of the light that is emitted through this bulb is blue in colour that is not harmful to the eyes of the anole. The heat generated by this bulb is not too much but it is enough in order to provide the tropical type of temperature during the night time.
The bulb is of low wattage and this means that it does not interfere with the natural drops in temperature inside the terrarium and that is why these Exo terra night heat lamps are preferred by the owners of the anoles due to its natural healing and lighting with low wattage. These night lamps are not at all harmful for the anole and that is the reason they are considered best for the anoles and also they have positive reviews from the users.
- Moonlight effect that simulates natural moonlight.
- Considered perfect for the nocturnal viewing
- Provides tropical night time temperatures
- Also can stimulate the breeding behaviour in reptiles and also amphibians too.
- Can also be combined with day time heat lamp or the Repti Glo for a 24- hour cycle.
- The bulbs can break if not handled properly.
- Do not have a long-lasting life.
2. Evergreen UVB Reptile Bulb
The Evergreen is one of the most popular UVB bulbs for the anoles and the main reason behind is that the bulb has the affordable price and the in such a great price it offers an amazing quality of UVB bulbs. It is a 100 Watts mercury vapour bulb that is completely self-ballasted. The bulb is known to provide both UVA and UVB rays and we know that these both rays are very important for the anoles on a regular basis.
The Evergreen UVB reptile bulb also provides heat for the anoles that are needed by the anoles for the basking purpose during the day. The bulb has a larger life-span as compared to other UVB bulbs that are why it is preferred by many anole’s owners and also it provides with lots of amazing features. It is compatible with all sort of enclosures or terrariums. Overall this bulb has positive reviews by the users.
- The Evergreen UVB reptile bulb is self-ballasted completely that means there is no harmful UVC.
- This UVB bulb is all in one source for UVA, UVB and heat and all these are very important for the anoles.
- The Evergreen UVB Reptile bulb can be used for all types of terrariums.
- These bulbs can break easily if not handled properly.
3. Aiicioo UVB Mercury Vapour Bulb
The Aiicioo UVB mercury vapour bulb that has everything that is needed in order to provide essential nutrients for the anoles. This is a high-quality bulb that can keep your anole healthy and it all in one bulb because it provides the UVA and UVB in an appropriate amount and not only this, it can emit infrared light and the visual light that are all important for the anole to live a healthy life.
The Aiicioo UVB mercury vapour bulb also provides the anole with heat that it needs for basking purpose. This is also a self-ballasted bulb that provides a full-spectrum light for the anole and also it is important to provide amazing colours and the calcium absorption through the production of Vitamin D3 and this UVB bulb is perfect and the best option for the owners of the anoles to give them a happy and healthy life.
- The Aiicioo UVB mercury vapour bulb is a high-quality bulb.
- Available at an affordable price.
- This bulb has a longer life span.
- The Aiicioo UVB mercury vapour bulb is a fragile bulb.
4. Zila Fluorescent Bulb
The Zila fluorescent bulb is a T8 tube that is usually used for medium to large terrarium size because these tubes are quite large in size so they need a spacious enclosure in order to fit them inside those enclosures. These tubes produce the full spectrum of light which helps in enhancing the natural colours of the anole and also the surrounding environment.
The tube design helps in producing a larger light spectrum and also covering a larger area and also tend to produce few hot spots inside the cage. They can also be mounted in the vertical direction which covers most of the area inside the cage and it also means that most of the area will be covered with light. It is an overall amazing bulb or tube for the anoles.
- The built quality of the Zila fluorescent is amazing span.
- Large life span.
- The Zila fluorescent bulb produces full-spectrum lighting inside the enclosure of the anoles.
- The power consumption is also very low by this Zila tube or bulb.
- The Zila fluorescent bulbs can break easily.
- The Zila tubes cannot be used for the small enclosures.
5. Mega-Ray Mercury Vapour Bulb
The Mega-Ray Mercury Vapour Bulb is one of the best UVB bulb available in the market and is also the top choice of the owners of the anoles. These bulbs are new designs which mean it has all the latest features that is needed in nay UVB bulb and it produces lots of UVB rays as compared to other mercury vapour bulb but still it is the safest UVB bulb. The price of this UVB bulb is not so high and is easily affordable and that is also why it is the best choice for the users of the UVB bulbs.
The Mega-ray mercury vapour bulb is also completely self -ballasted and it also offers both UVA and UVB rays that are both essential for the anoles. Not only the UVA and UVB rays but also it even provides the anoles with heat that is needed by them during the day time for the basking purpose.
- Available in high wattage i.e. 160 watts.
- This bulb is completely self-ballasted which makes it free from UVC.
- It has a longer life span and it is about more than 18 months.
- You can very easily use the mega-ray mercury vapour bulb is any terrarium.
- Have an affordable price.
- These UVB bulbs are also quite fragile if not handled properly.
These are one of the best lighting bulbs that are available in the market for the anoles and these bulbs not only provide lighting to the anole inside the terrarium but also heat and UVA/ UVB in order to get all the important things that they need.
The light bulbs are an essential commodity for the anole so as a responsible owner you should provide it with the best light bulbs that have all sorts of qualities and amazing features and are beneficial for the anoles in case of their health and comfort level.