The crested gecko one of the most inexpensive and low maintenance pet from the family of reptiles has been always popular among people. You can handle crested gecko easily and even children can handle them without any hassle. Like any other lizard, the crested gecko is also kept inside the tank or the terrarium as it is commonly known as. The terrarium or the tank for the crested gecko should have all the facilities that are needed by the crested gecko to stay a happy and healthy and stress-free life. As the crested gecko has to spend their life inside the tank so it should be a safe and comfortable place for them.
How to choose Best Crested Gecko Tanks
The features of the best tank for a crested gecko that is should have are as follows:-
- Proper Ventilation: The tank of the crested gecko should have proper ventilation so that the fresh air can move in and out and create a fresh environment for the crested gecko and also a healthy environment for the crested gecko.
- Appropriate Humidity: The tank of the crested gecko should have the appropriate level of humidity and that can be done through misting on the regular basis inside the tank of the crested gecko.
- Escape proof: The most important feature of the tank of the crested gecko is to have a tank that is escape-proof and the crested gecko is not able to out of the tank in any case as a catching a crested gecko after escaping is a big task.
- Ample space: The crested gecko is active in nature though not very big creatures so they do not need much space according to their size but definitely as they are active in nature and move her and there so you need a tank that is large enough for them to move around. Large tanks are always a better option for the well- being and the happiness of the crested gecko.
- Perfect temperature: The crested gecko needs a temperature in which they can live comfortably and so you need to be careful while choosing a tank about its material and also whether the tank is able to maintain the perfect temperature inside it or not for the crested gecko.
- Climbing space: The crested gecko loves to climb and that is why you need to create the climbing possibilities for the crested gecko inside the tank. You can either keep plants inside the enclosures for them to climb and also the height of the tank should be enough so that the crested gecko can climb inside it or can move in vertical space because height is an essential factor for the crested gecko. So the vertical space should be more as compared to the horizontal space inside the tank of the crested gecko.
These are the basic and the most important features that one should be aware of before buying a tank for the crested gecko. As the crested gecko has to spend his life in this tank and it is its habitat so we should provide them with all the basic facilities so that they should be comfortable and happy inside the tank.
5 Best Tanks for Crested Gecko
The 5 best tanks for the crested gecko that provides them with all the basic facilities and also have all the above-mentioned features and that makes the life of the crested gecko comfortable without any stress and are easily available in the market are given as below:-
1. Repti Zoo Mini Reptile Glass Terrarium
The Repti Zoo Mini Reptile glass terrarium is one of the best tanks for the crested gecko and has the dimensions as 8” x 8” x 12” and this is best suited for the baby crested geckos. The tank is highly durable and is lightweight in nature which makes it easy to move from one place to another.
Also, there is a screen lid in the tank that caters to excellent ventilation and also it allows amazing UVB and the lighting penetration. There are front door openings that offer the convenience to have access to the inside of the tank in order to feed, mist and check your crested gecko. The tank is made up of all glass and you can clearly see what is happening inside the tank and the light can also enter the tank easily which gives the crested gecko amazing basking spots.
The best thing about the Repti Zoo Mini reptile glass terrarium is that it is escape-proof and prevents the crested gecko from escaping the tank and also it has ample vertical space for the crested gecko in order to climb it. This mini reptile tank by Repti Zoo is loved by both the crested gecko and the owners of the crested gecko. The tank has positive reviews by the users as the crested gecko can be easily handled inside this tank.
- Escape proof tank
- Lightweight tank design can be easily moved
- Has screen top for better ventilation
- Front door opening for easy access and also easy feeding
- Due to the small size, it is only good for baby crested geckos.
- The top screen is made up of plastic so can melt on excess heat and also not easy to slide.
2. Exo Terra All Glass Terrarium
The Exo terra all-glass terrarium is also one of the best tank or terrarium for the crested gecko and it is large in size and the dimensions as 18” x 18” x 24” that is approximately 33 gallons. This tank is large enough and is also suitable for other reptiles and also the amphibians. The tank is all glass and has front window ventilation and a waterproof base with the bottom that is raised. All these features make the tank an ideal habitat for the crested gecko and the tank also have dual doors which also has locks to prevent the crested gecko from escape through the tank. These dual doors help in providing easy access inside the tank of the terrarium.
As we know that the bottom of the tank is raised so we can easily fit the heater underneath the tank and also it is waterproof at the bottom. The tank is made up of all-glass which makes it easy for you to see what is going inside the tank and enjoy the site of your crested gecko. The Exo terra all-glass terrarium has lots of space in which the crested gecko can move freely both horizontally and vertically and also have ventilation for proper air passage. The crested gecko loves this spacious tank and the owners of the crested gecko also love it because it is easy to clean and maintain. The reviews regarding the Exo terra all-glass terrarium is positive due to the fact that it has so many outstanding features to offer to its users.
- Waterproof and raised base.
- Has rock background that gives natural look.
- Dual door for easy access
- Escape proof tank
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Risk of getting stuck behind the rock background
- The lid is made up of mesh that is fragile and weak, can break easily.
3. Zoo Med Naturalistic Terrarium
The Zoo Med naturalistic terrarium is an 11 gallons tank that has dimensions as 12” x 12” x 18” and is an amazing option for the adult crested geckos. The screen lid of this tank is made up of stainless steel which is strong in nature and also allows UVA and UVB penetration. The door is lockable and has a snap closure which makes it escape-proof and also easy access for the owners of the crested gecko. So they can easily check up on their crested gecko and also feed and clean the tank. The tank comes with fill glass front door which makes it visible that what is going inside the tank. The tank has all the features that are required for the ideal created gecko tank.
The Zoo Med Naturalistic terrarium is known for offering the best ventilation from the top and front side both that also comes along with the closable inlets for up to 6 power cords. The tank is spacious enough for the crested gecko and the snap locks cannot be easily opened by the crested gecko so they cannot escape the tank. Also, the tank is loved by the crested gecko and even the owners of the crested gecko are satisfied with the Zoo Med Naturalistic terrarium as it has positive reviews and offers comfort to the crested gecko.
- Ventilation from top and front
- Cord slots provided to clean the tank
- Screen lid made up of stainless steel to make the tank escape-proof and corrosion-proof.
- Doors are lockable
- Front door made up of glass for easy access, feeding, misting, etc.
- The tanks are not too strong so there is a risk of breaking while in transit.
4. Zilla Vertical Tropical Kit
The Zilla vertical tropical kit is one of the best options for the baby crested geckos. The dimensions of the tank are 12” x 12” x 18” and this size is ideal for the crested gecko as the tank has the capacity of about 11 gallons. The tank has enough height for the climbing purpose as we know that the crested gecko loves climbing. The tank has enough space for moving here and there inside it and has a wide front door which makes it easy for you to access the crested gecko and feed them without any hassle.
The Zilla Vertical tropical kit has raised bottom that allows the users to use more substrates, water and other stuff to set up streams and also the waterfalls. The tank is made up of glass that makes the visibility inside the tank easy and you can see your crested gecko from the glass. Due to the glass tank the penetration of the UVA and UVB also becomes easy and also the light penetrates through the glass and that is very essential for the crested gecko. The crested gecko loves the Zilla Vertical tropical kit and is very comfortable inside the tank and same goes for the owners of the crested gecko, they also love it due to its amazing features and also due to the fact that it has positive reviews and is best suited for the crested gecko.
- Has the wide front door
- Ample space for the crested gecko for moving.
- Have lots of vertical space
- Easy to clean
- Lightweight, so you can move it easily
- The wide door in the tank is not escaped proof.
5. Exo Terra Glass Terrarium Mayan
The Exo Terra glass terrarium Mayan is one of the best and the most beautiful tank available for the crested gecko in the market. The size of the tank is 18’ x 18’ x 24” that is large enough for any crested gecko to live and more freely inside the tank. The tank is completely made up of glass and have large space for the decorating purpose. The background of the tank is decorated or designed with a special texture that exhibits the Mayan culture. The tank has a set up for rainforest that has dense vegetation inside it like lots of branches and vines.
You can also decorate it according to your will and that will make it more appealing and more comfortable for the crested gecko. The bottom of the tank is raised and is waterproof and you can add several things over there. The Exo Terra glass terrarium Mayan already comes with lighting set up so we do not have to get is separate. The screen lid is made up of stainless steel which makes the tank escape-proof and that is why it is loved by the owners and also the crested gecko. The reviews of the tank are outstanding due to its designs and the features.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Beautiful design
- Pre-installed lighting
- Tropical set up
- Ample space for free movement of crested gecko
- The tank is not so well ventilated as compared to other enclosures.
These are the best tanks for the crested gecko that are available in the market and have all sorts of features that are necessary for the crested gecko’s tank to give them a comfortable stay inside the tank.
You can easily understand from the reactions of the crested gecko whether they are happy inside the tank or not. You have to understand the needs of the crested gecko and get the best tank that resembles their natural habitat and they feel happy, comfortable and healthy inside the tank.