The Bluetick coonhound is a pet that is known for its activeness and many people also love them because of their amazing nature as they are affectionate towards their owners and also their family. You will also notice that the Bluetick coonhound needs an owner who can understand them and also make sure that they get the best of everything. The Bluetick coonhound usually loves to wander outside as they are kind of outdoor dogs, which is why their claws need to be groomed properly so that proper hygiene is maintained.
You will also notice that the Bluetick coonhound claws have lots of dirt inside them because they wander a lot outdoors which is why you need to cut their claws so that they stay healthy and also they do not suffer from any type of infections or health issue. But before that, you should know how to cut the claws of the Bluetick coonhound so that they do not get hurt while you are cutting their claws.
When to cut the claws of Bluetick coonhound?
The bluetick coonhound claws usually grow with time and in that case, you need to cut their claws. But if your pet roams out a lot then you will not have to cut their claws as they wear off easily and naturally by walking on the hard surface. But for the Bluetick coonhound who do not go outside much, you need to cut their claws from time to time. Whenever you are able to hear that their feet are tapping on the floor and a rough voice is coming when they are walking it clearly means that it is time to cut off their claws. As when the claws of the Bluetick coonhound protrude from their pad then their claws touch the floor and the tapping sound comes when they move or walk around.
So this is the perfect time to chop off their claws, but you need to be careful while doing so and the reason is that the Bluetick coonhound does not get hurt in the process and be calm with them. Make sure whenever you cut their nails you are yourself mentally prepared for this process so that no problems occur at the later stages.
Why do you need to cut the claws of the Bluetick coonhound?
The cutting of claws of the Bluetick coonhound is very important and there are various reasons that you should cut the claws of the Bluetick coonhound some of these reasons are listed as below:-
- You will notice that when the Bluetick coonhound is outdoor and if their claws are big enough then there will be lots of dirt and mud stuck in their claws and even if they are at home then also small dust particles will get stuck in it, so that is why you need to cut their claws.
- The Bluetick coonhound can spread lots of infections and diseases not to themselves but also to other living being around them and that is why you need to cut their claws off as they can work as a carrier of diseases and infections.
- Another reason is that in order to maintain proper hygiene you need to cut off their claws as this is a healthy practice to keep your Bluetick coonhound safe and healthy.
- The long claws can also cause lots of wear and tear of various things at home which is why it is better to get rid of them on time.
- The Bluetick coonhound legs should rest on their footpads, not on their claws which is why you need to cut their claws as this will make their body comfortable and easy to walk with.
These are some of the various reasons that tell us why it is so important to cut the claws of the Bluetick coonhound and by keeping in mind all these points, you should be careful with your pet and make sure that you cut their claws on time.
How to cut the claws of Bluetick coonhound?
In order to properly cut the claws of the Bluetick coonhound, you need to make sure that you do this process properly so that it does not hurt your dog in any way and to cut their claws properly you need to follow the steps that are given as below:-
- The first thing that you need to do is clean the legs of the Bluetick coonhound properly.
- Now you need to calm your pet and make sure that they are not restless and try to gain their confidence.
- After bringing the nail clipper and a treat for them sit on a flat surface, preferably on the ground, and make sure wherever you want to trim their nails it should be a lighted place.
- Now with the help of a lamp take one of the legs and check their feet properly and cut off their nail slowly with the help of the nail clipper. Make sure that you only cut the small part of the nail and not their vein.
- You can repeat the process for every leg and do it slowly so that your Bluetick coonhound does not get hurt and also they do not panic, you need to make sure that you do cut their vein by mistake because it will be painful and also it will bleed.
- After peacefully finishing the claw cutting process make sure that you reward your Bluetick coonhound so that they feel motivated for the next time when you will cut their claws and will not hassle a lot.
- If you do not know how to cut their claws or you are scared to do so, then you can hire professionals who know how to groom the dogs without hurting them.
These are some of the steps that you should keep in mind while you are cutting the claws of the Bluetick coonhound so that the process of the nail cutting becomes easy for them so that they do not get scared and can be calm throughout the process. Most importantly rewarding them is very important so that your dog feels motivated for the next time. Even the person who will cut the claws needs to be calm so that they also do not panic while the claws cutting session and do everything as per the instructions given above.
3 Best Nail Clippers
The Bluetick coonhound should be taken proper care of and that is why you need to make sure that you prove them with the best nail clipper when it comes to cutting their claws. As the best nail clipper will easily cut their claws without hurting them and also it will make it easy for the owners to cut their claws without hurting them. So bets 3 nail clippers for the Bluetick coonhound are listed as below with all the important features:-
1. Paws and Pals pet nail clipper
The Paws and Pals pet nail clipper is one of the best nail clippers for the Bluetick coonhound and the reason is that it is designed in such a manner that claw cutting will be an easy process when you will cut with this nail clipper. Also, you will notice that it is designed in such a manner that it will cut in 45 degrees in order to prevent the nicking of the claws. Another important thing is that the claw cutting is a fast process when done with this nail clipper.
The handle of this Paws and Pals pet nail clipper is ergonomic and also it has anti-slip rubber on it for better grip. When you will cut the claws of the Bluetick coonhound you will notice that it is quite easy to do so because you can hold it firmly and the process is quite fast. The reviews are also positive regarding this nail clipper and that is why many people prefer this nail clipper for their Bluetick coonhound and the brand is also trustworthy.
- Easy to use
- Fast clipping
- Safe and comfortable
- Prevents nicking
- Trustworthy brand
- Anti-slip and ergonomic handle
2. Boshel Dog nail clipper
The Boshel dog nail clipper is another one on our list which is also the best nail clipper for the Bluetick coonhound and the reason is that they are made with high quality and sharp stainless steel which makes it easy for the owners of the Bluetick coonhound to cut their claws without any kind of hassle. The clipper is so sharp that it can even cut thick nails with full ease of medium and also large dogs. There is a built-in safety stop in order to prevent the owner to cut the claws of the Bluetick coonhound very short.
Also, another amazing feature of this Boshel dog nail clipper is that it has a nail filer inside the handle so that you can file their nails in proper shape so that it can be safe for the Bluetick coonhound to move around without any type of nicks. Most importantly it is easy to use and also the handle is easy to grip which is why there are so many positive reviews in its names because it has so many features to offer to the owner and the Bluetick coonhound respectively.
- Easy to use
- Sharp blades
- Nail filer is present
- Safety top
- Safe and comfortable
- The high-quality stainless steel used
- Cut even thick nails
3. Safari Professional nail trimmer for dogs
The Safari Professional nail trimmer for dogs is the last one on the list but not the least one as it has so many features to offer and also you will notice that it is usually used by professional dog groomers which is why it needs to be the best nail clipper. You can find 2 sizes in this nail clipper i.e. small or medium and medium or large and according to your requirements, you can choose the best one for yourself. There is a double blade with a tension spring which will help in cutting the claws precisely without hurting the Bluetick coonhound.
Also, you will find a safety top on this nail clipper so that you do not cut off their claws very short because that will cause pain to your pet sometimes. Another feature is that the handle is designed in such a manner that you will be able to grip it properly without any slipping of the clipper. The reviews are also positive which is why many people trust this nail clipper for their Bluetick coonhound.
- Easy to use
- Safety top
- Handle grip is good
- Safe and comfortable
- 2 size options are available
- Cuts precisely
These are the best 3 nail clippers that you can easily find in the market for your Bluetick coonhound so that you can get the best of features that are offered by these nail clippers to you and your dog Bluetick coonhound. This list of the best 3 nail clippers is based upon the features that they offer and most importantly the reviews that are given by the people who have used it and without any confusion, you can choose the best one according to your needs and requirements.
The Bluetick coonhound is an awesome pet which is why you need to provide them with the best of everything so that they can live a comfortable life when living with their owners and their family. Also the more time you will spend time with the Bluetick coonhound the more you will be able to understand them and also both of you will build a strong bonding with each other.
Most importantly if you are able to understand your pet, you will also notice that they will also try to understand you because of which they will not create any problem for you. Both the owner and the Bluetick coonhound will live a happy and satisfied life with each other if you have trained them properly and also take proper care of them.