The Bluetick coonhound is a good family dog and which is why you need to take proper care of them. You need to make sure that whatever you give to them should be of the best quality and most importantly what they need is care from their owners and their families. The Bluetick coonhound is a very active dog and they like roaming around a lot which is why they need to be cleaned properly even though they do not have long hair then also they need to be groomed properly.
In this guide regarding Bluetick coonhound, we will discuss the topic of how to groom bluetick coonhound so that we can take proper care of them even in the worst of conditions. Even proper grooming will help them to stay fit and healthy and a healthy dog means a healthy owner too because then even there will be no spread of diseases and the whole environment would be hygienic.
Why is it important to groom Bluetick coonhound?
When you have a dog then it is very important for the owners to groom them and the same is the case of the Bluetick coonhound there are many reasons support the fact that why is it important to groom Bluetick coonhound and some of the reasons are listed as below:-
- The Bluetick coonhound is a dog that gets distracted by various scents which is why they roam around and that is why you need to wash them properly.
- The Bluetick coonhound even faces excessive shedding even though it has small hair and that is why you need to groom them.
- In order to make them stay healthy and also hygienic, you need to wash them and this will help in getting rid of all the disease-causing germs.
- The Bluetick coonhound has groomed properly then even their surroundings are safe and healthy and even the owners can stay healthy and will not cause any health issue.
- Also, you will make sure that the Bluetick coonhound is a wandering dog that is found outdoors most of the time and there are chances to get dirty and then you need to groom them in order to make sure that they are neat and clean.
- While grooming the Bluetick coonhound you will also notice that the bonding between the owners and the dog will get stronger and in this way, both of them can understand each other properly which will not cause any problem.
These are some of the important reasons in order to provide the Bluetick coonhound proper grooming and as an owner, you should know why it is so important to groom them. The Bluetick coonhound needs an owner who can understand them and also take proper care so that the dog does not catch any sort of health issue.
How to groom the Bluetick coonhound?
There are various things that you need to keep in mind while grooming the Bluetick coonhound and you need to make sure that you follow these steps properly:-
- Brushing of the dog
- Washing and bathing
- Hair clipping (trimming)
- Nail clipping
- Cleaning of eyes and ears
- Brushing the teeth
These are some of the important steps that you need to make sure and follow in order to properly groom the Bluetick coonhound so that they are cleaned and maintained without any fuss and much hassle.
How to brush the Bluetick coonhound?
The Bluetick coonhound is a dog that does not have long hair but still, it undergoes lots of shedding which is why you need to take care of this shedding issue as it also causes a problem for their owners too and if someone is sick or having breathing problem or having allergic issues. Brushing will not completely get rid of the shedding issue but to some extent, it will lessen the hair shedding. You need a firm brush of rubber for brushing their hair and then brush them weekly and some people also use hand gloves to brush them. It depends upon the comfort level of the owners and how they can brush them.
Bathing the Bluetick coonhound
There are various steps that you should follow while you need to give proper bathing to your bluetick coonhound so that they can be cleaned and maintained properly and some of these steps are listed below:-
- Place the dog in the lukewarm water tub after calming them and making sure that they will not create any type of hassle for their owners.
- After placing them in a luke water tub you need to let them relax and also make sure that you wet the whole dog properly.
- When the bluetick coonhound is wet completely you need to take a shampoo that is pet safe and that does not cause any sort of irritation to your dog.
- Now gently apply the shampoo to the body of the bluetick coonhound and make sure that they are not feeling any kind of irritation on to their body.
- When you have applied the shampoo you also need to massage it properly onto the body of the Bluetick coonhound till it lathers properly.
- The shampoo should be applied and massaged gently and focus on the areas where there is lots of dirt.
- After properly applying and massaging the shampoo to the bluetick coonhound you need to make sure that you wash it off properly so that it does not get stuck on to their body.
- If the shampoo is still on to their body after washing too then it can cause problems for their dog, the bluetick coonhound needs to be washed off with shampoo properly.
- Now after washing off the shampoo you need to apply the conditioner to their body so that their body gets nourished and even moisturized.
- Gently massage their body with conditioner and also make sure that you leave it for two minutes on to their boy and after that, you need to thoroughly wash it so that there is no conditioner left on to their body.
- After thoroughly washing the conditioner from their body, let your Bluetick coonhound relax a bit and make sure that the bluetick coonhound is cleaned properly.
- Now after relaxing your bluetick coonhound you should take them out of the water tub and keep them on to the towel.
- The towel that you are using for them should be neat and clean because you need to pat dry your bluetick coonhound with it.
- Gently rub the towel onto the body of the Bluetick coonhound and make sure that you remove all the excess water from their body.
- If needed you can use a blow dryer but need to be safe with that do not overheat it and burn your pet or you can keep them in the sun to dry.
- Make sure that you dry them properly because if someplace is left wet it can cause infections to their body.
- Washing a dog needs an owner that is calm and composed and also you need to make sure that even the dog is calm during the whole washing or bathing process because this will help in going the process without any hassle.
These are some of the important steps that you need to keep in mind while you are bathing your bluetick coonhound properly. It is very important for the owners to bathe them so that they can understand their pet properly and also make sure that they are not facing any kind of issue while bathing and will also build a strong bonding between the two. Also, you need to bathe the bluetick coonhound at least once a month or whenever you will they are too dirty
Brushing the teeth
Tooth brushing is also an important grooming step that you should follow while you are brushing the teeth of the bluetick coonhound. You need to make sure that you brush their teeth on a daily basis because this will help you to keep your dog’s teeth clean and also their breath will not smell bad. As the dogs go through lots of dental issues which is why maintaining their oral hygiene is very important and also you need to make sure that they do not face any sort of dental issue. So regular brushing their teeth is a must and you should not avoid it in any case.
Cleaning eyes and ears
The eyes and ears of the bluetick coonhound can get lots of wax stuck in it, as an owner you need to clean it so that they do not get any sort of disease or infection. Make sure you weekly clean their eyes and ears gently so that they do not face any kind of unwanted issue and also so that they stay neat and clean.
Hair and nail trimming
Hair and nail trimming are also very important for the bluetick coonhound so that they can live a healthy life. You need to make sure that when their nails and hair have grown a lot then the best thing you can do is to trim them to appropriate length. It is important to do so that all the dirt and dust that is stuck in it is removed and the bluetick coonhound will not have to face any kind of infection or any type of health issue. But you need to make sure that your bluetick coonhound is calm when you are performing these activities with your pet. The best thing that you should do is maintain hygiene for your bluetick coonhound so that they can live longer and also so that they do not face any kind of health problem.
If you are not able to groom your pet properly or you do not have to do so, then the best thing you can do is hire professional groomers for them, though it can charge a lot they will groom your bluetick coonhound properly and also they will not face any kind of issue with the professional groomers.
The bluetick coonhound is an awesome pet which is why you need to take proper care of them especially when it comes to their grooming. The more you will take care of the bluetick coonhound, the happier they will stay, and also you will notice that they will enjoy life with their owners. You need to make sure that you provide the bluetick coonhound with the best of everything which will lead to a satisfying life for them.
As an owner you need to spend as much time as possible with the bluetick coonhound so that they can understand you in a proper way and also so that both of them can live a comfortable life with each other. The bluetick coonhound needs an understanding owner and only then they can also understand them and be 100% loyal to them without causing any type of fuss for their owners or their family.