The Bluetick coonhound is a dog that is high on energy which means that they are highly active pets also they are strong and muscular dogs if they are trained properly and also they are taken for proper exercising. For their proper care and maintenance, you need an owner who can understand them and make sure that they get the best of everything.
The Bluetick coonhound is a loyal pet only if they are understood properly and also if they are living a safe and comfortable life with their owners. They are also affectionate towards them and that is only possible if they get love in return and that is how they will do anything for their family because the bluetick coonhound loves them a lot.
In this guide of Bluetick coonhound, we will discuss the topic of that is bluetick coonhound good for guard dogs or not, so that we can take proper care of them and also give them a comfortable life.
Are Bluetick Coonhound good guard dogs?
The answer is yes in the case if they are trained so well for such situations only then they will make for perfect guard dogs because their body build-up is such that they can be perfect guard dogs. As we know that they love their family a lot which is why they can do anything to protect them. But also they are friendly in nature which is why often they can be friendly with the intruders too.
This is where the training comes in and you need to tell your Bluetick coonhound or train them in such a manner that they can understand the difference between a family man and an intruder so that they do not get friendly with them. Other than that the Bluetick coonhound is a perfect guard dog because they are highly loyal in nature and also they can do anything to protect them.
So make sure that you also take proper care of them and also then even the dog will take care of you in every situation by guarding you.
Reasons that Bluetick coonhound is a good guard dog
There are various reasons that support the fact that the Bluetick coonhound is a good guard dog and you need to make sure that you also take proper care of them so that they are happy and satisfied while living with you and some of the reasons that Bluetick coonhound make a good guard dog are listed as below:-
- They are high on energy which means that they are highly active and there will be no decrease in their energy level of them, even in adverse conditions.
- The Bluetick coonhound is also strong and muscular provided that they are taken for proper exercising sessions so that they can maintain their body and utilize their excessive energy in a positive way.
- The Bluetick coonhound is also dog that are known for barking a lot which will always inform the owners that something is wrong.
- The prey drive of the Bluetick coonhound is high as it’s their natural instinct which is when they will be behind the intruder and will also chase them down.
- Love their family and are loyal to them and that is the biggest motivation for the Bluetick coonhound that they will protect them at all cost.
- Should be trained to take commands and also so that they can understand the owners so that they know what to do if there are adverse conditions.
- The Bluetick coonhound is also good with children which is why people can rely on them when it comes to guarding the small kinds because they are protective and loving towards them, and will not harm them in any way, rather will protect them at any cost.
These are some of the common reason which clearly tells us that the bluetick coonhound is a good guard dog or will make for a good guard dog and that is why you will notice that it is so important to train and exercise them so that they can take your commands and understand what you are trying to convey them so that they can take your orders and commands and does not act stubborn especially when there are adverse conditions.
How to make the Bluetick coonhound a good guard dog?
The body of the Bluetick coonhound is perfect for the guard dog but it needs to be maintained and also need proper care from their owners. So as an owner it is your responsibility that you train them to be a good guard dogs and for that, you need to do some of the things that are listed below:-
- The most important thing is to train them from a very young age because it is easy to train them at that age because they can easily adapt to changes.
- Understand the need and requirements of the Bluetick coonhound so that they do not face any problem and also they get what is important for them and also the best of everything.
- Another thing is that the Bluetick coonhound should be taken for exercising sessions daily so that their high energy can be channelized in a positive way and also their body is made stronger and muscular.
- You need to provide them with a proper food diet so that there is no issue in their health and also they get all the important nutrients in order to stay fit and are not deficient in any nutrient.
- Also, you need to make sure that you take them for regular check-ups to the vet so that they do not get infected or prone to any disease which can make them sick and also make sure that they are not facing any kind of health issue.
- Also, you need to groom them properly because this will help them in maintaining a good, clean, hygienic, and also healthy lifestyle.
- As the Bluetick coonhound is a friendly pet they should be trained in such a manner that they will know the difference between an intruder and a normal person and then act rightfully.
- Provide them with lots of love and care because that will motivate them to act rightfully whenever needed and will also listen to you.
These are some of the important things that you should do in order to make your Bluetick coonhound a good guard dog and also prepare them for every worst situation so that they do not create any hassle and is ready for it. The Bluetick coonhound is strong enough and they can easily protect their family without any issue, it is just their energy needs to be channelized in a proper manner.
The Bluetick coonhound needs an understanding owner and then they will also be the best of dog that you will ever have. You need to give the best of everything so that they do not face any kind of issue when living with you and also you need to take care of their health not physical health but also mental health. The Bluetick coonhound needs love and in return, they will give their loyalty, love and also will protect their family at all costs.
So make sure that you spend as much time as possible with them and make sure that your pet is not facing any kind of problem and this will also help in building a strong bonding between you two and both of you will enjoy each other’s company.