The Alaskan malamute is one of the strongest and powerful dog breeds and also it is a large-sized dog that is considered one of the oldest Arctic dog breeds.
The Alaskan malamute is a loyal and reliable dog on which you can easily trust and they can take care of their owners and are also known to be a great companion of their owners. But the Alaskan malamute has a shedding problem and they shed heavily so we need the best quality brushes for them so that we can at least control theirs over shedding.
In this guide, we will discuss the best 10 brushes for the Alaskan malamute that we can get in the market and also how we can choose which brush is best for them. A good quality brush can properly comb and take care of the hair of the Alaskan malamute and even prevent the issue of over- shedding that is seasonal in them.
- 1 How to choose the best dog brush for the Alaskan malamute?
- 2 Top & Best Dog brushes for an Alaskan Malamute
- 2.1 1. FURminator undercoat grooming rake
- 2.2 2. Hartz groomer’s best combo dog brush
- 2.3 3. Hertzko self-cleaning dog and cat slicker brush
- 2.4 4. RUBOLD all in one grooming tool
- 2.5 5. Pet Republique self-cleaning slicker brush
- 2.6 6. GoPets Pin & bristle brush
- 2.7 7. Safari De-matting dog comb
- 2.8 8. Paws and Pals best in a show dog and cat de-shedding tool
- 2.9 9. Pet Neat de-shedding tool
- 2.10 10. PetBrush by WetBrush detangler dog brush
How to choose the best dog brush for the Alaskan malamute?
When you are buying or choosing the best quality dog brushes for the Alaskan malamute then you need to keep in mind lots of things regarding your dog so that you can give them what they want with all the necessary qualities. The various qualities or things that are important in a dog brush when we are choosing one for our Alaskan malamute are listed as below:
- The size of the dog brush directly depends upon the size of the dog and its hair.
- The type of dog brush depending upon the hair of your dog.
- The material and its quality should also be known so that you know what is best for your dog.
- The purpose of the dog brush is because various brushes come into the market for various purposes.
- The grip or the handle of the brush should be good enough so that you can properly and easily groom your dog.
- The price of the dog brush should also be affordable so that you can get the best of the dog brush at a low price.
- The durability of the dog brush purely depends upon the material of the dog brush that it is made up of.
- The design of the dog brush will let you know that with what ease you can use the brush on your dog.
- The dog brush should also be safe for your dog and it should not harm your dog in any way.
- The brand should be trustworthy so that you can buy products of top quality without any sort of doubt about it.
- You should also know that what type of hair does your dog has so that you can get the dog brush according to their hair type.
These are the various important points that you should keep in mind before buying a dog brush for your Alaskan malamute so that you get the perfect dog brush for them from the market which will have all sorts of necessary features that are required in the best quality dog brush for your Alaskan malamute.
Top & Best Dog brushes for an Alaskan Malamute
The best 10 dog brushes that are available in the market for the Alaskan malamute with all the above-mentioned features and also that you can use quite easily on your Alaskan malamute has been listed below:
1. FURminator undercoat grooming rake
The FURminator undercoat grooming rake is an amazing rake brush for the Alaskan malamute for the removal of dead hair. The FURminator undercoat grooming rake is a strong, single-row durable rake as it is made up of long and strong stainless steel pins which can easily comb and remove the dead hair of the Alaskan malamute as compared to many other dog brushes.
The pins of this FURminator undercoat grooming rake are smooth and rounded so that your Alaskan malamute does not get irritated skin and also they do not fuss when this comb is issued on their body. The FURminator undercoat grooming rake is basically used for reaching the undercoat so that you can easily remove the dead hair from the body of your Alaskan malamute. The reviews are mostly positive as the price of this dog brush is affordable and even the dog is happy with the FURminator undercoat grooming rake.
- Affordable price
- Have long and stainless steel teeth
- Long-lasting and durable
- Ends of the teeth rounded
- Do not irritate the dog’s skin
- Best for removal of dead hair and undercoat grooming
- If you do not use it properly it can cause discomfort to your dog
2. Hartz groomer’s best combo dog brush
The Hartz groomer’s best combo dog brush is one of the best dog brushes for your Alaskan malamute as it is a dual-action brush because it has 2 specialized sides. The 2 sides are there for doing different things, one side is made up of nylon bristles which helps in distributing the natural oils in the hair coat of the dog which helps in restoring the silkiness and the shine of the dog hair. The second side of the hairbrush is made up of stainless steel pins in order to remove the tangled hair and the loose hair from the hair coat.
This is an amazing brush that you can use easily without any problem and can groom your Alaskan malamute properly. There is also an ergonomically designed handle which makes the process of brushing, even more, simpler and you can brush your dog as many times as possible without any sort of issue. The reviews regarding this Hartz groomer’s best combo dog brush are also positive as the dog has no problem with this brush and even the owners can groom the Alaskan malamute with complete ease.
- Dual-action brush
- Easy to use
- Ergonomic handle
- Multiple benefits
- Detangles the hair easily
- Prevents excessive hair shedding
- Not so useful for the short hair dogs
3. Hertzko self-cleaning dog and cat slicker brush
The Hertzko self-cleaning dog and cat slicker brush is an outstanding brush for your Alaskan malamute because it offers lots of features to its users. It helps in keeping the hair coat of your dog well-groomed as it has a powerful brushing action. The Hertzko self-cleaning dog and cat slicker brush as the name suggests is the self-cleaning brush which is very easy to use and handle. This brush grooms the Alaskan malamute gently and effectively removes the tangles and knots from the hair coat.
The Hertzko self-cleaning dog and cat slicker brush gently penetrates the undercoat and grooms it nicely without any sort of scratching and irritation on their skin. Due to this penetration, the hair becomes shinier and silkier making the hair look silkier. There is an anti-slip handle that will help in holding the brush properly and also you will not feel any sort of pain or strain on your wrist while you are using the brush for the grooming of the Alaskan malamute. The brush will move in the direction that you want it to move and you do not have to do much work while using this brush. The reviews are positive regarding this Hertzko self-cleaning dog and cat slicker brush because it is highly automatic and will help in grooming the dog easily and the dog also does not have any issues with this brush.
- Easy to use and handle
- Anti-slip handle
- Self-cleaning brush
- Grooms quickly
- A durable and comfortable brush
- Detangles without much hassle
- The bristles can be harsh sometimes on the dog
4. RUBOLD all in one grooming tool
The RUBOLD all-in-one grooming tool is an amazing grooming tool for the Alaskan malamute the reason that is best for de- mating and also for other purposes is because of its unique design and that is why it is called an all-rounder brush. There are 17 teeth on one side of the comb that can perform various tasks like the de-shedding and removal of dead hair.
On the other side of the comb, there are 9 widely spaced teeth that are used for the de-tangling and effectively de- mating the coat of your Alaskan malamute and it has so many features to offer. So that you can easily perform the various tasks on the hair coat of your dog by using just one brush. The overall reviews on this RUBOLD all-in-one grooming tool are positive because we can perform various functions with one brush on your dog with full ease.
- All in one brush
- Performs various functions like de-tangling, de- mating, etc.
- Smooth teeth to avoid irritation
- Effective for the removal of dead hair
- Easy to use
- The teeth are not too long and are not much effective if the hair is extra- long.
5. Pet Republique self-cleaning slicker brush
The Pet Republique self-cleaning slicker brush is a self-cleaning brush that can be used for Alaskan malamute and is one of the best brushes for grooming that is available in the market. There is a handy- button at the top of the handle of this Pet Republique self-cleaning slicker brush that retracts the bristles and also due to this feature you can easily clean and wipe the brush to make it hygienic for further use.
The Pet Republique self-cleaning slicker brush has a non-slip ergonomic handle so that the handling becomes easy and you can groom the Alaskan malamute without much hassle. The brush can easily detangle the matted hair and even your dog feels comfortable while the brush is being used. The Pet Republique self-cleaning slicker brush has amazing reviews because of the easy usage and also the hassle-free one this brush has gained lots of popularity.
- Flexible bristles
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
- Detangles hair gently
- Self-cleaning brush
- A great option for grooming long hair
- Cannot be used for heavy grooming
6. GoPets Pin & bristle brush
The Go Pets Pin & bristle brush is one of the best dog brushes for the Alaskan malamute if they have long hair. The brush is best for properly evening the Alaskan malamute’s coat and that is also quite easy. You can use this Go Pets Pin & bristle brush as a finishing brush after de-shedding the hair of the Alaskan malamute and it moves smoothly onto the hair coat of the Alaskan malamute without causing any sort of irritation to their skin or hair.
The pins are strong and durable that give an amazing finish to the hair of your dog and the softer plastic bristles usually help in spreading out the natural oil throughout the overcoat of the Alaskan malamute. The Go Pets Pin & bristle brush can be used with full ease and even your dog will not cause any sort of fuss when you will use this brush on them. The reviews are positive of this Go Pets Pin & bristle brush because it has lots of features to offer to the Alaskan malamute and its owner.
- Good finishing brush
- Double-sided brush
- Multiple- functionalities
- Do not irritate the skin of the dog
- Not suitable for thick hair growth as the hair removal is limited only used for finishing purposes at the end
7. Safari De-matting dog comb
The Safari De-matting dog comb is an amazing dog brush for the Alaskan malamute because it makes the coat of the Alaskan malamute healthy and smooth. As the name suggests the comb is one of the best de-matting brushes for your Alaskan malamute and it easily detangles the hair of your dog without much effort. The Safari De-matting dog comb is a high-quality grooming brush that is specially designed for the removal of loose hair and also for de-matting the tangled hair that too gently so that your dog does not get hurt.
With each stroke made by this Safari De-matting dog comb, it helps in improving the blood circulation of your dog which keeps your Alaskan malamute healthy, and also makes the dog feel great. The handle of this Safari De-matting dog comb is comfortable enough which is also an anti-slip and easily you can groom your Alaskan malamute and you will not feel any pressure on your hand while you will be grooming the hair of Alaskan malamute. The reviews regarding this Safari De-matting dog comb are positive because it has so many features to offer to the owner of the Alaskan malamute and the Alaskan malamute itself.
- Easy to use
- High-quality dog comb
- Comfortable grip
- The brush is rust-resistant
- Eliminates tangles
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Do not penetrate too deep
8. Paws and Pals best in a show dog and cat de-shedding tool
The Paws and Pals best in a show dog and cat de-shedding tool is one of the best grooming brushes for your dog Alaskan malamute because it is a professional quality brush and also it helps in reducing allergies that are caused due to the un-kept hair of your dog. The Paws and Pals best show dog and cat de-shedding tools are very gentle on the skin of your dog and they feel comfortable when they are stroked with this brush. Another important feature of this Paws and Pals best in a show dog and cat de-shedding tool is that it can be easily used on any hair type.
The brush helps in reducing hair shedding and also relieves your dog from allergies that are caused by ticks and mites. While brushing with Paws and Pals best in a show dog and cat de-shedding tool you will notice that the hair coat is becoming healthy and even it lasts longer than usual. There is a perfect handle so that you can easily groom the hair of Alaskan malamute and that to painless and your dog will not have any sort of problem with it. The reviews are amazing regarding this Paws and Pals best in a show dog and cat de-shedding tool as the brush has so much to offer.
- Self- cleaning
- Easy to use
- Gentle on the skin
- Suitable for every hair type
- Helps in reducing the shedding of hair
- Relieves dandruff and allergens
- Not good for distributing natural oil of the dog
- The bristles are not so soft
9. Pet Neat de-shedding tool
The Pet Neat de-shedding tool is an amazing de-shedding tool for the Alaskan malamute that comes at an affordable price. The pins of this Pet Neat de-shedding tool are thinly spaced so that you can remove most of the dead hair as much as possible and due to this design the removal of dead hair also becomes quite easy.
The pins are smooth and do not cause any type of irritation to the skin of the Alaskan malamute and you can smoothly remove the dead hair from their body. Also, you can use this Pet Neat de-shedding tool quite easily without any sort of issue. The reviews are positive of this Pet Neat de-shedding tool because of its affordable price and also because it is easy to use.
- Effectively removes the dead hair
- Affordable price
- Do not irritate the dog’s skin
- Safe for pets
- Rust-proof pins
- Teeth can be too short for long-haired dogs
10. PetBrush by WetBrush detangler dog brush
The PetBrush by WetBrush detangler dog brush is the last one on our list but not the least one because the company WetBrush makes the best quality of products so there is no doubt about their dog brushes. The PetBrush by WetBrush detangler dog brush is known to work excellently on the thick hair coat of Alaskan malamute and it detangles the hair of the dog painlessly. The brush comes in large and even in small sizes depending upon your need. You can easily groom the hair of your Alaskan malamute without any hassle and also loosens the mats quickly.
The handle is ergonomic that gives a slip-resistant grip so that you can easily control the brushing process. The PetBrush by WetBrush detangler dog brush is good for all types of hair wet or dry type. You can groom easily the hair without putting much pressure on your wrist and the brushing also takes place smoothly. The reviews are outstanding regarding this PetBrush by WetBrush detangler dog brush as it is the best dog brush available in the market with lots of features offered by a trustworthy company.
- Easy to use
- Good for all hair types
- Works on both dry and wet hair type
- Available in large and small size
- Comfortable grip
- Reduces hair damage
- Reduces the tangles in the hair
- Does not groom the undercoat properly
These are the best brushes for the Alaskan malamute that are available in the market for the Alaskan malamute because it has so many features to offer to the dog and its owner and also all of them are easy to use and are safe for your Alaskan malamute.
The Alaskan malamute is an outstanding dog and that is the reason you should take care of them and provide them with the best of everything that they need so that they live a happy and healthy life. The Alaskan malamute and the owner needs to spend time with each other so that both can bond properly and can understand one another.
The bonding is so important between the two so that no one causes a problem for anyone and they can enjoy each other’s company. The Alaskan malamute makes for an amazing companion as they are intelligent and loyal in nature on which you can completely rely.