The bearded dragon is an awesome pet and that is why many people prefer them but you need to make sure that you give them a comfortable life so that they do not have any sort of issue while they are living inside the captivity.
But we should be aware of the fact that we should feed them with proper food so that they do not face any kind of health issue. As some food items can also be toxic for the bearded dragon, it is the duty of the responsible owner that they should know what they are feeding them is safe for them or not.
In this guide on bearded dragons, we will discuss the topic of whether can bearded dragons eat applesauce or not because we cannot take risks with the health of the bearded dragon. We should always feed them with food that is safe for them and also that has some kind of health value.
Can bearded dragons eat applesauce?
The answer is yes, the bearded dragon can eat applesauce and that also without any issue. But the applesauce cannot be part of their daily diet and it is just given to them as a treat and nothing more than that. So the applesauce should be fed to them not on regular basis but sometimes only.
The bearded dragon loves to eat applesauce and that is why it is given to them as a treat. The applesauce is sweet in taste and that is why they love eating it as the bearded dragons are known to have sweet teeth. Also giving applesauce to them also has some health benefits too for the bearded dragon that is why they can eat applesauce but in a limited quantity.
The applesauce should be fed to them in limited quantity which means as a treat because too much feeding of applesauce because the bearded dragon enjoys having it can be dangerous for them and can cause lots of health issues too. So you need to be careful with the quantity of applesauce that you will feed to the bearded dragon so that they can stay healthy and also enjoy applesauce as a treat.
How much applesauce can bearded dragon eat?
The bearded dragon is omnivorous in nature which means that they feed both on plants and animals and that is why we first need to understand their diet and then feed them with applesauce.
So just once or twice a week is enough for you to feed them with applesauce because it is sweet and too much sweet stuff is not good for them so just as a treat feeding them with applesauce is enough for the bearded dragon and also it is a healthy way and will not cause any type of health issue to them.
So make sure that you feed them with applesauce in a limited quantity for their well-being and also in this way they can enjoy the applesauce without getting sick or any other health problem.
Benefits of feeding applesauce to the bearded dragon
There are various benefits of feeding applesauce to the bearded dragon and some of those benefits that you can have while feeding them with applesauce to the bearded dragon are listed as below:-
- The bearded dragon enjoys having it and it is a sensory pleasure for them because it is sweet in taste and they like sweet things to eat. This helps in releasing the stress from their mind and body.
- The warm applesauce is a good laxative that can help the bearded dragon when they are suffering from impaction or constipation because it is a common problem that they suffer from and this is an easy way by which they can get over it. As it contains the apple which is fibrous and that is the reason that it helps in relieving them from constipation.
- The applesauce is a rich source of Vitamin A and C which is good for the bearded dragon because this helps them to stay healthy and also helps in boosting up their immune system.
- The applesauce also helps in keeping the blood pressure of the bearded dragon in control and also keeps their blood oxygen-rich which is why it is so good for the bearded dragon.
- The applesauce is also easy to consume for the bearded dragon and they do not face any issue to digest it and they will not even get choked on it which they would have otherwise if you would have fed them with just an apple.
- There are no chemicals used in it and that is why it is a perfect treat for the bearded dragon and they enjoy having it without any issue.
- Contains water that will keep your bearded dragon hydrated and will provide them with moisture that is needed by them in order to stay fit and healthy.
These are some of the benefits of feeding bearded dragons with applesauce and you need to make sure that you just feed them the applesauce in a limited quantity and then lonely this will be beneficial for the bearded dragon otherwise it will cause various health problems for them.
Health risks of feeding applesauce to the bearded dragon
There are also various health risks of feeding bearded dragons with applesauce in excess which is why you need to limit the consumption of applesauce for the bearded dragon some of these health risks are listed as below:-
- The bearded dragon can face issues like diarrhea and stuff when they overfeed on applesauce.
- The applesauce is sweet in taste as it contains sugar and too much sugar is not good for them and this can cause various health issues to them.
- They can get obese also if they are overfed with applesauce as it contains lots of sugar and carbohydrates and the obese bearded dragons can get prone to various health issues.
- Also, this can lower the metabolism rate of the bearded dragon if you do not control their consumption of applesauce.
- As it has sugar it can also cause various dental issues for the bearded dragon which is also not at all good for them.
These are some of the negative impacts of applesauce that it has on the bearded dragon and you need to make sure that the bearded dragon, does not have to face such issues if you will control their consumption of applesauce just feed them with applesauce on an occasional basis only. The applesauce is a perfect treat for the bearded dragon but you need to feed them with it responsibly.
The bearded dragon is a great pet that will gel up with humans quite well but you need to take proper care of them so that they can live a happy and healthy life and also do not face any problems while they are living inside the captivity.
You should take proper care of them for their better and more comfortable lifestyle. You also need to make sure that your bearded dragon should get the best of everything so that they do not create any problem for their owners and live peacefully inside them.
The more time you will spend with your bearded dragon, the better you will understand them and also they will be able to understand you and will not create any hassle for you inside the captivity and also this will build a strong bonding between you two.