The bearded dragon one of the sensitive lizard needs lots of care and support from its owners to live a happy and healthy life. You need to be very careful about the stuff you are feeding to the bearded dragon because some food items can make them ill and also can be fatal for their life.
You need to know everything about whatever you are feeding the bearded dragon with and what are its effects on the bearded dragon. In this article, we will discuss whether the bearded dragon can be fed with cilantro or not and how it is beneficial for the bearded dragon.
Can bearded dragon eat cilantro?
Yes, the answer is yes the bearded dragon can eat cilantro and it is an amazing herb for your bearded dragons as it has lots of nutritional values. So you should prefer feeding the bearded dragon with cilantro, as it is a good option for them.
But cilantro should not be fed on a regular basis or as a staple diet to the bearded dragon as it does not have much nutrition like other food items. It just should be fed or sprinkled on other food items.
Why should cilantro be fed to the bearded dragon?
There are various reasons why bearded dragon should be fed with cilantro and those reasons are listed as below:-
- The cilantro contains Vitamin A and C which is essential for a healthy immune system, vision, growth and reproduction. Not only this even cilantro also helpful in tissue and organ maintenance and also repairing it.
- Also, the presence of anti-oxidants in cilantro will help in preventing inflammation.
- There is also potassium in cilantro which is essential for the bearded dragon for regulating their blood pressure.
- The cilantro contains Vitamin K that is quite useful for the tissue and the blood cell maintenance for the bearded dragon.
- There is a little bit of calcium in the bearded dragon that will help in promoting healthy and strong bones and also overall health.
- The cilantro contains fibre that helps in digestion in a healthy way for the bearded dragon.
- The presence of manganese helps in promoting metabolism for the bearded dragon.
- There are anti-bacterial compounds in cilantro that is useful for your bearded dragon.
- The fresh cilantro has almost 92% of water which helps in keeping the bearded dragon hydrated and even there is no sugar in cilantro which is another plus point for the bearded dragon as they do not need much sugar in their diet.
- The calcium: phosphorous ratio also comes in an ideal range i.e. 1.4: 1 for the bearded dragon which means that the cilantro has more calcium as compared to the phosphorous that is good for the bearded dragon.
These are various reasons why cilantro is an amazing option to feed to your bearded dragon as it has good nutritional value for the bearded dragon, but still, it cannot be fed on a regular basis to the bearded dragon.
How to feed cilantro to the bearded dragon?
The bearded dragon should be fed with organic cilantro if you can find it. Also, the cilantro should be fresh and washed properly before feeding it to the bearded dragon and then chop it fine pieces and then you can sprinkle it on various food items that you feed to your bearded dragon.
The cilantro should not be fed on a daily basis as it contains water and having too much cilantro can cause diarrhoea to the bearded dragon also it does not have much nutritional value as compared to other food items that are fed to the bearded dragon.
The bearded dragon needs the care of its owner as they are dependent on you so you should be aware of what should be fed to them and whatnot.
A cilantro is a good option that you can feed to the bearded dragon, but on regular basis even it is not recommended. You should understand your bearded dragon properly and also try to build a bond with them, only then you will be able to feed them with proper nutritious food that will help them to grow and also stay fit.