The leopard gecko is an amazing pet that is also recommended for beginners. But you need to take care of the leopard gecko so that they can grow into a healthy living being as we know that the leopard gecko is an egg-laying animal so that is the time you need to take care of the leopard gecko and its eggs.
The eggs need to be taken care of properly so that the eggs are safe and they can hatch in a comfortable environment.
In this article, we will discuss the topic that how to take care of the leopard gecko eggs and make sure that it is safe and can hatch properly.
How to take care of the leopard gecko eggs?
The leopard gecko is an egg-laying animal and that is the time when they and their eggs need care and for taking care of their eggs you need to follow the steps as given below so that the eggs can hatch properly:-
- The first and foremost step is to remove the leopard gecko away from the eggs so that you can incubate the eggs in the incubator.
- You can get the incubator from the market as there are so many options to choose from.
- You can also use a homemade incubator by using the small plastic container and add substrates to the container so that the eggs are kept safely inside the incubator.
- Also, you should make sure that the moisture levels are maintained correctly inside the incubator so that no issues or problems occur with them.
- You also need to regulate the air and the temperature inside the incubator and it is recommended that the ideal temperature should be around 86 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Measure the temperature carefully so that overheating does not take place neither the temperature is too cold inside.
- The handling of eggs should be done carefully because the leopard gecko can bury their eggs after laying inside the tank, so you need to take care while you are digging out the eggs.
- When you are digging the eggs you should use a spoon or some other scooping apparatus so that the eggs are not hurt. You should be gentle while picking them up and make sure to not use any type of force because this may lead to the breaking of eggs.
- Make sure you need to keep the eggs in the original position that means the position in which it is laid because if the eggs are flipped and placed in the opposite position then there are chances that the embryo inside the egg can die.
- You also need to make sure that all the eggs are healthy because we know that not all the eggs are fertile some of the eggs are infertile too. So when the eggs are infertile you should discard them and also make sure that the eggs that are left behind are safe and in a healthy condition.
- Now after removing you need to place the eggs inside the incubator but you should make sure that the conditions inside the incubator are safe and also appropriate for the eggs to develop properly.
- Make sure that the eggs are kept inside the incubator at a suitable temperature and humidity with proper aeration so that no issue occurs while the eggs are hatching.
- You should not force the laying of eggs it is a natural process so it should take place naturally without any sort of outside interference because in this way you can break the egg or even destroy it even if you do not want to. So let the hatching take place naturally.
- You need to be patient and watch the hatching of the eggs as it is also an amazing process and you can even capture the hatching of eggs if you want.
- When you have placed the eggs in a suitable place to hatch, do not forget about the mother leopard gecko because she is also quite sensitive and vulnerable at this time as she has laid eggs it requires lots of energy in doing so because of that the leopard gecko sometimes gets weak.
- Take care of the mother leopard gecko as it needs lots of love and care from its owner and also lots of rest with lots of healthy food so that it can live its normal and healthy life.
- After the eggs are hatched make sure to not disturb them as they are sensitive and cannot handle so much human interference or some other sort of interference.
- You should leave the newborn leopard geckos alone for at least 12 hours. After leaving them alone for 12 hours you can transfer them into a new tank and create an environment that is safe for them and also the environment inside the tank of the newborn leopard geckos should be suitable for them and also clean so that no type of infection or disease can occur to them.
- Make sure that the newborn leopard geckos are safe and also healthy and be gentle with them because they can get scared by your voice or your touch.
- Do not directly feed the newborn leopard geckos you need to wait for few days before feeding them and make sure whatever you feed the newborn with it should be of appropriate size so that they can easily eat and digest the food.
- The most important thing is while you are taking care of the leopard gecko eggs, you need to very patient and should be aware enough how to handle the eggs carefully without damaging or breaking them so that they can hatch properly and healthy newborn leopard geckos can come out of it.
- Another important thing that you need to understand is that whatever things you get for keeping the eggs safe should be of the best quality and also that do not damage the eggs of the leopard gecko in any case.
- You should take care of both the eggs and their mother so that both are healthy and will live a healthy life after this.
Also, you should be aware of the fact that the eggs laying will take certain weeks so you need to be patient till that time and do not force the hatching so that it can take place faster as this can harm your eggs and even can kill the embryo inside the egg.
If you do not have knowledge about what to do with the eggs of the leopard gecko and how to take care of it, the best thing recommended at this time is that you should consult the vets as they are experts and will give you the best of guidance.
Even if you notice that something is wrong with the eggs of your leopard gecko, you should consult a vet as they would know that what is the issue and will help you how to take care of them even if it is not in a healthy condition.
So in order to take proper care, you should follow all the above mentioned steps so that the eggs remain safe and healthy and also make sure that they hatch into a healthy newborn leopard gecko.
These are the steps that one can follow in order to take care of the eggs of the leopard gecko and we know that the leopard gecko eggs need to be properly taken care of so that there are no issues when they are hatched and also the eggs go through lots of issues and problems if they are not handled properly.
Make sure you properly follow the above-mentioned steps so that the eggs are in a good and safe condition and nothing can damage them.
The leopard gecko is known to be a popular reptile that is kept as a pet inside many households and the reason is that they can also be handled by beginners.
The leopard gecko needs your love and care so that they can live a happy and satisfying life when they are inside the captivity.
Even the owners should understand try to spend time with them and also build a bonding with them so that they can understand their leopard gecko properly and also know what exactly they want. Give as much love and care to the leopard gecko as much it is possible.