A leopard gecko belongs to the specie of reptiles and are considered as easy to handle pets as they are small in size and they are basically found in countries like India, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iran.
the leopard gecko needs the love and care of their owners and though they are not so sensitive but still they need care and support from their owners in order to stay healthy.
We will discuss about the egg incubators and how to incubate the eggs of the leopard gecko in order to get the better results.
- 1 What is an egg incubator?
- 2 The Best egg incubators for the leopard gecko
- 3 How to incubate the eggs of the leopard gecko?
What is an egg incubator?
In order to hatch the fertile eggs an egg incubator is used. It is an artificial process of hatching eggs. The egg incubator is basically a mechanical device which lets us regulate the temperature, humidity and many other factors that are necessary for hatching process.
The ideal conditions for hatching of eggs are created inside the egg incubator and the eggs are hatched properly without any hassle inside the egg incubator and this method of hatching of eggs are considered to be one of the best and easy method with a very high rate success rate, because of the created ideal conditions inside the incubator.
So the process of incubation is very important and one need to understand the regulation of temperature and humidity inside the egg incubator, as this will help in creating the ideal temperature for the process of hatching of the eggs.
The owner should know about the incubation and the incubation process only then only you can take actions regarding this that is why we will discuss about the incubators and the how to incubate the eggs of the leopard gecko as it is a very important topic to understand for an owner of a leopard gecko who has laid the eggs.
The Best egg incubators for the leopard gecko
It is very important to find the best egg incubator for the leopard gecko’s egg incubation, so one should know everything about an egg incubator before buying it and also depending up on the needs of the owner.
Here is the list of best 5 egg incubators:
Exo terra reptile egg incubator
The Exo terra egg incubator is quite easy to set up and this incubator is recommended for eggs of both amphibians and reptiles, so it is a plus point of this product.
The Exo terra reptile egg incubator has a digital temperature control for easy measuring of temperature and also it has double slide out shelves with an easy slide out tray for adding of water in order to create humidity inside the incubator. There are 2 incubator containers for the ideal hibernation.
Review: the Exo Terra is loved by the users due to its interior light setting because of this you can see inside the incubator without disturbing the eggs. Also this egg incubator is easy to set up and use without much hassle.
- The heating and cooling inside the Exo terra reptile egg incubator is perfect for the hatching process.
- There is plenty of space inside this incubator and also it has a provision for the shelves that are removable.
- The convenient set up of this egg incubator is very useful.
- The LED temperature setting indicator helps in hassle free temperature readings and setting.
- The customer service of the company is not so good.
Zoo Med digital reptile incubator
This incubator is considered as one of the best incubator for the leopard gecko’s eggs. The egg incubator has a built-in memory and also the temperature can be controlled by doing the certain programming. The egg incubator is so digitalized that it also has an alarm which can be very useful feature for the owners.
The fully digitalized egg incubator gives you peace of mind as you do not have to do much of the settings and half of the settings are programmed in such a manner so that no hassle is created and you can easily get best of the results. You can easily control both temperature and humidity of the Zoo Med digital reptile incubator and that is why it is considered as one of the best egg incubators for the owners of leopard gecko.
Review: The Zoo med digital reptile gecko has lots of positive reviews as it is one of the economical and the most effective egg incubator as it is a complete package and is easy to use and handle.
- The controlling and viewing of settings is very easy in this egg incubator because of the digital controller and display.
- The temperature and humidity is controlled and set easily in this Zoo Med digital reptile incubator.
- The hatch rate is quite good in the Zoo Med digital reptile egg incubator.
- There is also a temperature alarm that makes the monitoring of the temperature quite convenient.
- You get steady and consistent temperature in this egg incubator.
- The LCD display makes the setting of the incubator hassle free,
- In the Zoo Med digital egg incubator there is no cooling system.
- The ventilation holes the leopard geckos can escape quite easily.
- The build of this egg incubator is not so good.
- The gauges inside the egg incubator can be off by few degrees.
Q.F. Manufacturing Hova Bator Reptile Incubator
This is one of the world’s smallest incubator and is also considered quite convenient and economical for the owners that is available in the market.
The water thermostat that is installed inside the incubator gives the accurate readings and the overall hatch results of this incubator are great. There is a circulation of air through the incubator from the bottom vent of the egg incubator.
The G.Q.F. manufacturing Hova Bator Reptile Incubator work very well and is easy to use and clean after the hatching process is complete. This incubator is best for maintain the constant temperature and humidity inside the incubator. There are small viewing windows in order to check on the eggs.
Review: The G.Q.F. manufacturing Hova Bator Reptile egg incubator has lots of positive review as compared to negative ones as they are small in size and are easy to use and there is not much hassle while controlling the device. Even the simple design of this egg incubator makes it quite famous among the owners of the leopard gecko from a very long time.
- This egg incubator is one of the most affordable egg incubator.
- It is widely used world- wide due to the high hatching rate.
- The simple design and small size makes it easy to place it at home.
- You can also add an automatic egg turner and fan.
- It has a thermometer and thermostat for the convenient readings.
- As the egg incubator is small that means you cannot do multi-level placement of eggs.
- The thermometer in this egg incubator are not so reliable.
- Due to the small size of the incubator there is no cooling system in this egg incubator.
Digital reptile egg incubator mini
This incubator is basically used for educational purposes as it is easy to set up and use. This egg incubator uses an auto-turn option that stops itself 2 days prior to hatching. There is a countdown timer display on the LCD screen. The eggs inside the incubator are turned on automatically and are warmed slowly for the perfect incubation conditions.
The digital reptile egg incubator mini usually tends to keep a nice percentage of humidity which is one of the most difficult part for any brooder, so it is generally the top choice for the beginners. This incubator is designed in Korea and is designed in such a manner that the incubation eggs becomes easy for anyone that uses this egg incubator.
Review: The digital reptile egg incubator mini has positive reviews as it is basically used by the beginners who do not have much knowledge about incubation and also used for the education purposes also. The simple design and easy to use system makes it famous with the owners of the leopard gecko and also the affordable price is the another reason why it is famous among the owners of the leopard gecko.
- As the egg incubator has a simple interface so it makes easy for the user to operate the egg incubator.
- This egg incubator automatically turns the eggs while incubating and also because of this auto-turner the incubation becomes hassle free.
- There is a countdown timer that get displayed on the LCD screen.
- Considered perfect for the beginners and also for the education purposes this is the best option.
- The micro-controller has in- built set criteria for the incubation of the eggs which makes the incubation process even easier.
- The digital reptile egg incubator mini can only fit up to three eggs inside the egg incubator.
- This egg incubator is not recommended where there is requirement for precise measurements.
- Also this mini incubator is so fragile that there are chances that is can break during shipping.
- Not suitable for people who want to incubate eggs on a large scale due to the absence of many features.
Incubator warehouse egg incubator Kit for reptiles
This incubator is a built-in easy to adjust egg incubator that has a digital electronic thermostat with an LCD display that can control the temperature and also the humidity during the incubation process. The air inside the of the incubator is warmed up gently by a radiant heat tube and the heated air will then flows out of the exhaust vents that are placed at the top of the egg incubator.
Also this thermal air that flows helps in providing the great incubation conditions for the eggs of the leopard gecko and due to the Styrofoam manufacture the heat will be held inside the incubator. The eggs are safe inside this incubator as there is plastic wire mesh screen and also has the viewing screen in the warehouse egg incubator.
Review: The warehouse egg incubator kit for reptiles is a good option for a small size egg incubator with lots of features that it incorporates in its simple design in order to give more and more comfort while incubating the eggs inside the egg incubator and also a hassle free convenience, that is why many people prefer this warehouse egg incubator kit for the eggs of the leopard gecko.
- In a small size you can get every feature that you want in an incubator.
- This incubator has perfectly controlled temperature and humidity that are the 2 most important factors for the incubation process.
- Easy to use and hassle free set up.
- It is easy to regulate because of the LCD display.
- There is a major drawback that you need to place the warehouse egg incubator kit for reptiles in a room temperature that is between 65 to 72 degrees Fahrenheit.
All the above mentioned egg incubators are the top 5 egg incubators that are available in the market for the leopard gecko. People should know everything about the incubation process in order to buy the perfect egg incubator according to their needs.
You should know the reviews, pros and cons of the egg incubator that you are about to buy for the leopard gecko’s eggs. So that you know what is prefect for you and will not get a wrong one. It is better to do research before-hand than to regret later after spending so much money on your egg incubator and then you realise it is not what you really needed. Only an owner knows what is best for them and what they need for their leopard gecko as they understand their pet better than anyone.
How to incubate the eggs of the leopard gecko?
Once the leopard gecko lays eggs, it is the duty of the owner that they should take care of the eggs until the time they are hatched and it is advised that you have to be careful with the eggs as there are chances that they can break. So the best thing that you can do to take care of the eggs laid by the leopard gecko is to incubate them until they are hatched. In this way they will be safe and chances of breaking them will be reduced. The owners also need to take care of the new born so that they grow up in to healthy grown-ups.
You have to follow certain steps in order to incubate the eggs of the leopard gecko and they are listed below:-
- The first step is to find the container or a box so that you can use it as an incubator and the eggs of the leopard gecko are incubated so that they grow up comfortably and in a healthy and safe conditions.
- The second option is that you can also buy an incubator from the market that has many in built features and will make the incubation process quite easy for the owners.
- Now after this you have to cover the whole floor with the substrate that is suitable for the eggs and is smooth and gentle for the eggs and that do not let it break. The substrate should fully cover the bottom of the incubator.
- After the addition of the substrate you need to focus on the moisture level of the incubator. You should make sure about the correct levels of your moisture inside the egg incubator. The water amount should be equal to the amount of substrate added inside the egg incubator so be sure about the weight of the substrate. You have to make sure about the moisture level for the proper incubation of the eggs of the leopard geckos.
- The another important step is that you need to regulate the air in the incubator as the leopard geckos needs the temperature of at least 73 degrees Fahrenheit and the ideal temperature is between 86 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit. For this purpose you can buy a thermometer and add up inside the incubator.
- After placing the eggs inside the incubator make sure of everything inside the incubator and place them gently inside the incubator.
- You also need to make sure that all the eggs are healthy and do not change the position of the eggs every now and then otherwise the embryo will die.
- Do check the ideal conditions for the eggs to hatch inside the incubator that simple means that regulate the perfect temperature and the humidity level inside the egg incubator so that your eggs can hatch properly with a high success rate.
- Do not intervene in the process of hatching by touching the eggs again and again so let them hatch in a natural way as some things need to happen naturally.
- The leopard gecko’s eggs takes around 35 to 89 days to hatch and do not touch the egg while the incubating period is going on.
- The process of incubation does not need any type of carelessness and intervention. So do regulate the temperature and the humidity inside the egg incubator so that the perfect conditions are created inside the incubator and the eggs are hatched properly with a great hatching rate.
- The process is so fast that you will one day suddenly find that the eggs have been hatched and you were not able to notice it.
The incubation of the eggs of the leopard gecko is not so complicated and if one has proper knowledge about the incubation of the eggs then it will be a complete hassle free process for the owner and you will be fascinated to see your leopard gecko from the hatching stage to the adult leopard gecko stage. The owners usually do get attached to the baby leopard geckos as they are with them from the very first day of their birth and that is why they are quite sensitive to the needs of the leopard geckos that are newly born.
Leopard geckos are easy to raise pets and also because of their small size they are kept as households in many households. The leopard geckos are quite friendly with the humans and they are comfortable with the touch of the humans and also they are comfortable with having humans around them.
The incubating process is a very important topic if your leopard gecko has laid eggs. You need to put those eggs inside the egg incubator so that you can making the hatching process easy and also in order to create an ideal condition for the hatching of eggs.
You need to know everything about your leopard gecko only then you will know what is best for them. As we need to incubate the eggs so we should have the knowledge of the best egg incubators that are available in the market and also we should be aware about how we can incubate the eggs of the leopard gecko.
We should be very careful while handling and incubating the eggs as the eggs are quite sensitive and they can break if proper care is not taken and they need a care like we take care of small babies. The incubation of the leopard gecko eggs is done so that the eggs are hatched properly and safely without any outside intervention. You have to be careful about the eggs of the leopard geckos from the very beginning only then the healthy leopard geckos will be born.
So you should have to keep lots of things in mind and enjoy the process of incubation and hatching of eggs and also watch them grow into adult leopard geckos. Being an owner of a pet is a very responsible job and you cannot be careless at any point and you should take care of them like your own baby.