The Chinese water dragon is a reptile that is loved by many reptile lovers due to its unique appearance. But they are not meant to be kept by any person and you need to make sure that you take proper care of them and also give the Chinese water dragon the best of everything.
You should be aware of the fact that they are not meant for beginners and only people who have experience with reptiles can keep them as a pet. They are sensitive in nature which is why you need to take lots of care of them.
In this guide on Chinese water dragons, we will discuss the topic that how to tell if a Chinese water dragon is stressed. The mental health of the Chinese water dragon or any pet that you own should be good so that they can live a comfortable life without any issue and for that, the owners need to understand the Chinese water dragon properly.
How to tell if a Chinese water dragon is stressed?
The Chinese water dragon-like any other pet feels low and stressed and that is why you will notice that they show you certain symptoms which will tell you that your Chinese water dragon is feeling stressed some of these symptoms are listed as below:-
- The Chinese water dragon is sleeping a lot and they do not want to face anyone, which tells you that they are trying to ignore everything around and they are sleeping unnecessarily and want to be left alone.
- The Chinese water dragon is not able to sleep and they are awake most of the time and it appears as they are stressed due to some reason.
- They are getting sick again and again and the reason for that is not any physical thing but they are stressed a lot because of which they are not able to keep up their health properly.
- Not eating food is another sign that your Chinese water dragon is stressed because they are distracted by something that is bothering them and this causes stress to them and because of that they do not feel like eating food.
- The Chinese water dragon is getting way too aggressive and they are jumping here and there also they are hitting the terrarium which is why you can easily tell they are feeling stressed and this stress can be due to their environment.
- The Chinese water dragon may start biting you or will start lashing their tail which is another sign of showing stress by them.
- Sometimes the Chinese water dragon will overfeed a lot and it will simply tend to the fact that they are stressed a lot.
- The Chinese water dragon wants to be left alone most of the time and does not want to interact with anyone because they are going through some sort of mental stress.
- Also, face skin problems due to the stress they are going through and they will suffer from various types of infections or skin issues.
These are some of the signs by which you can tell that the Chinese water dragon is stressed and you should be aware of these signs so that you can help them and make sure that they live a safe and comfortable life without facing any kind of problem.
What makes your Chinese water dragon stressed?
The Chinese water dragon can be stressed due to various reasons and one should be aware of these reasons so that they do not face such problems some of the reasons are listed as below:-
- When the environment or the surrounding or the habitat they are living in is not appropriate or they are not feeling comfortable, then also the Chinese water dragon will feel stressed a lot.
- The temperature or the humidity is not appropriate the Chinese water dragon will not feel good in such conditions and they will get stressed.
- When they are scared due to something or some living being, you will notice that then also the Chinese water dragon will face problems and they will be stressed.
- When they are not getting what they want this is another reason that the Chinese water dragon will feel stressed.
- Another reason is when they are introduced to their new homes so in the beginning they will feel stressed and this is something natural because it will take some time for them to adapt to this change.
- You will notice when the Chinese water dragon is not feeling well or they are sick then this is one of the most common reasons that the Chinese water dragon will feel stressed.
- The food that they are eating is not liked by them and they will not eat it which is why they will stress out a lot till the time you will not change their food items.
- The Chinese water dragon is not able to adapt to its new habitat for a long time and you need to understand that because it will stress the Chinese water dragon a lot.
These are some of the common reasons for the fact that the Chinese water dragon is feeling stressed and you need to take care of them by identifying the reasons for their stress you can help them with this and avoid such things. You should be able to understand your Chinese water dragon for their well-being.
If you are not able to help your Chinese water dragon when they are stressed as you are not able to detect the reason, then the best thing you can do is take them to the vet as they are professionals and they know how to take proper care of them.
The Chinese water dragon is an awesome pet and that is why you need to take proper care of them which is why you need to understand them in a proper manner. The Chinese water dragon needs the best of everything so that they can live a safe and comfortable lifestyle. The more you will try to understand the Chinese water dragon by observing them carefully you will be able to bond with them properly. The Chinese water dragon is not so tough to handle once you know how to do that and also how to take proper care of them.