The Airedale Terrier is an amazing dog and also a quick learner if trained properly. They usually thrive with daily exercise and are relatively easier to maintain compared to other dogs who have long hair. They make an outstanding watchdog and will protect their family at any cost.
You will enjoy their company as they are friendly in nature. The Airedale Terrier are easy to groom and in this article, we will discuss how to groom an Airedale Terrier. The Airedale Terrier does not need much grooming and that is why you do not need to hassle while grooming them.
What types of grooming is given to the Airedale Terrier?
The basic types of grooming that can be given to the Airedale Terrier and that are done on a frequent basis are as follows:
- Bathing of your Airedale Terrier
- Nail Trimming of Airedale Terrier
- Brushing of the hair coat of Airedale Terrier
These are the basic grooming that you can and have to do for your Airedale Terrier and they will enjoy their grooming session if they are used to it and also if you have trained them for the same. Otherwise, they will create a fuss for you if they are not used to all this. Even you have to their grooming patiently otherwise they will not be around you when they will get to know that you about to groom them.
How to groom Airedale Terrier?
The Airedale Terrier needs to be groomed properly in order to stay neat and clean and even healthy so that they can stay happy. The Airedale Terrier as we know has a wiry and a hard coat that needs to be groomed well for their betterment. So to groom their hair properly you need to strip their hair regularly to strengthen the quality and even the texture of the coat.
There is always the benefit of regular grooming and this can be done in 2 ways, either hand- stripped or you can use the clippers and even the scissors to trim off their hair and also so that there is no matting in the hair.
Steps by Steps while grooming
There are various steps that are involved in grooming and those steps are listed below:-
- Start with hand- stripping for the outer layer of the coat of the Airedale Terrier and for the inner or the undercoat use the clipper, brush and comb for better results.
- To stimulate surface circulation grooming is quite necessary for the growth of the new and fresh coat. Now rub and brush the hair jacket down with a towel to remove the excess oils and the dirt.
- Sometimes you need to bathe the Airedale Terrier so ash the hair coat gently in the direction of the growth of the hair and then rinse them also in the same direction so that later combing becomes easy.
- Now after this pin a towel around the hair coat of the Airedale Terrier and lay it nicely and after that allow it to dry in the air.
- Weekly brushing for about 20 to 30 minutes on the regular basis and a rub-down with a towel is necessary for better health and grooming of the Airedale Terrier.
- It is recommended that the leg furnishings and the facial furnishings should be done or bathed monthly for a better lifestyle.
- So all the grooming steps should be followed properly for the betterment of the Airedale Terrier.
So these are the various steps that need to be followed for proper grooming of the Airedale Terrier so that they can enjoy a better life and also so that grooming can become easy for you and also for your dog and they do not create any type of fuss if you are patient.
How long does it take to groom the Airedale Terrier?
To groom the Airedale Terrier you need the following time depending upon the type of grooming you are doing:
- For brushing your Airedale terrier you need up to 10 minutes if you brush them on a frequent routine.
- For cutting the hair of the dog you need at least 2 to 4 hours also after the pre-bath and after the cutting is complete you need to clean them up.
- In order to bathe your Airedale Terrier the time taken is as low as 10 minutes and can go up to an hour depending upon the type of bathing that you are giving to them.
- For cutting the claws of your dog you just need 5 minutes and if your Airedale Terrier is causing a lot of fuss then it can take even more time.
These are the various timing that is taken by the Airedale Terrier when they are groomed and these timings depend upon the type of grooming you are giving to the Airedale Terrier, depending upon that the time varies.
The Airedale Terrier is an amazing dog so that is why you need to take care of them by properly grooming them. They will create a fuss while you will groom them but you need to patient with them and train them accordingly. Give everything to your Airedale Terrier so that they can enjoy and live a happy life with their owner. The dog will be dependent on the owner for everything so you should try to build a bond with them and because of this they will understand you and will be comfortable staying with you.
Even they are fun-loving dogs so they will not have any sort of problem while playing with the kids in the house.
The Airedale Terrier needs lots of attention of their owner and that is why you need to understand them properly and also know what they want and how would they react to anything and even how comfortable they will be with you when you will groom them and without any hassle they will be ready for grooming and will not create any problem even while the grooming process is going on.