The Afghan hound is an amazing dog and also kept as a show dog and for this reason, they need to be groomed properly on a regular basis. The Afghan hound has a long fur coat that needs lots of care and grooming so that no sort of diseases occur to your pet and also the hair coat does not get matted.
In this article, we will discuss how to groom the coat of the Afghan hound without much hassle so that it also comfortably sits down and will not create any sort of problem for you.
Why grooming the coat of your Afghan hound is necessary?
The grooming of the Afghan hound is necessary because they have a long and thick coat which needs a lot of care and maintenance by the owners of the dog. By grooming the Afghan hound you are maintaining their hygiene and also you are making them free from infections and diseases so that your dog stays healthy and disease-free.
How to groom the coat of your afghan hound?
In order to groom the coat of your afghan hound, you need to take a few steps so that your dog gets a clean and maintained dog coat and for that, you need to follow the steps that are given below:
- The first step you need to follow is that as an owner you have to use a pin brush and a sprayer that contains the conditioner or a de- matter in order to condition or de-mat the hair of the coat of the Afghan hound’s coat.
- Now you have to bathe the Afghan hound by placing them inside a water bath and then use a mild shampoo and rinse them properly with water.
- Now apply the shampoo on the wet hair of your Afghan hound and then rinse the shampoo from their body and clean it nicely.
- After this, you need to apply the conditioner on the hair of the Afghan hound in order to enhance the silky coat, and also conditioning the hair also helps in preventing the matting of the hair.
- Now rinse the conditioner properly so that you can towel dry them so that they come out of the bath dry as the water does not drip all around.
- The next step is to blow-dry the hair coat of the Afghan hound using a pin brush and when you are blow-drying the hair coat of the Afghan hound you also need to spray the coat with the fine mist of water.
- You should also use the conditioner while blow-drying the hair coat of the Afghan hound in order to reduce the static electricity which will also lead to reducing the damage of the hair that happens due to the drying of the hair.
- While taking a bath of the Afghan hound also do check the teeth, ears, and nails, so that no foreign particle or unwanted stuff is present over there which can lead to infection and diseases in your dog.
- If you want you can also clip their nails for better hygiene, but if you daily exercise your Afghan hound clipping of their nails is not necessary, you can skip it as the Afghan hound is sensitive about the feet being touched.
- After all the above steps are followed you need to give the final touch to their hair coat you need to brush them nicely and also spray their coat so that the appearance of the hair coat is enhanced
- Do remember while grooming the hair coat of the Afghan hound you need to be gentle and patient with them as you need to keep them calm only then they will adjust with you and you can easily groom their hair coat.
These are the various steps that you need to follow while grooming the hair coat of the Afghan hound and these steps are easy to follow and hassle-free.
Also, you need to be patient when you are grooming your Afghan hound as they are independent in nature and also high on energy dogs so be patient and calm them while you are grooming. They also have thick hair coat which needs the proper type of grooming so do not be careless while you are maintaining their hair.
You need to take care of your Afghan hound and for that, you need to groom their coat properly, so for that purpose, you can hire professional groomers, and also the vets are trained for grooming the Afghan hound.
The professional groomers or the vets know quite nicely how to handle the coat of the Afghan hound and also how they can maintain them. By hiring professional groomers you do not worry about the grooming of your dog as they know how to groom the Afghan hound properly and also how to handle them.
While you hire a professional groomer or a vet you can easily groom the dog without any hassle or problem. Even they know how to calm the dogs while this grooming process and also if there is any sort of issue or infection or disease to the Afghan hound they can easily detect it and will tell you about their problem and you can handle the situation properly.
The Afghan hound is an amazing dog with a thick hair coat that needs a lot of care and maintenance so that it can live a happy and healthy life.
You can groom them quite easily with the steps that are mentioned above and those steps are hassle-free where you do not need to face such many problems.
The Afghan hound is a show dog so grooming their hair coat is a must and you need to do that patiently. Another important thing that you need to do is build a bonding with your dog so that you can understand them nicely and be sensitive to their needs and provide them with a comfortable life.