Bearded dragon is an egg-laying animal as it belongs to the family of the reptiles. It is found in dry region which indicates that it dwells in hot climate.
It is sometimes challenging that how to take care of the eggs of the bearded dragon, so we will discuss about the taking care of the bearded dragon’s eggs in this article.
Best way to Take Care of Bearded Dragon Eggs
The steps that should be followed in order to take care of the eggs of the bearded dragon are as follows:-
- After the female bearded dragon has laid the eggs, you need to bury the eggs and then remove her from the tub.
- Now you have to carefully place the eggs and bury in soil; or incubate them while placing them in tubs filled with soil, whichever method you want follow. (Everything is regulated inside an incubator).
- Now you have to give the bath to the egg laying bearded dragon and also provide her with food and water. Give her a quiet place to sleep and rest for few days.
- The eggs of the bearded dragon takes 40 to 90 days hatch if it is incubated properly. As incubating eggs is an easier process then soiling them, due to the maintained temperatures inside the incubator.
- The humidity should range around 75% in the incubator and the temperature should be around 80-85F.
- After this you have to check the eggs daily to ensure many things like mold that is a huge egg killer.
- If there is an issue in some eggs place them in the separate tub inside an incubator, so that the disease do not spread to other eggs and they are safe.
- So after the 40 to 90 days you will see the eggs will bead with water drops. This will be an indication or first sign that the eggs will hatch and baby dragons are about to come.
- The egg shell will start breaking once the baby dragon will pip the egg.
- Now let the baby dragons come out of the egg at their own pace.
Be very careful with the eggs of the bearded dragon as they are very sensitive and can even crack if proper care is not taken.
Also every step should be followed and no careless attitude should be there in order to handle the eggs. Otherwise, it can cost you a life of the bearded dragon too.
There should be patience inside the owner while you are dealing with the eggs of the bearded dragon as it will take time to hatch and till then it should be in close monitoring of the owners.
Overall, incubating the eggs will not cause much problem in the births only if you regulate everything inside it properly. Know more to get Best Incubators For Bearded Dragon Eggs
The bearded dragon’s eggs need lots of care, if you are patient with them and keep them under constant observation, the eggs will hatch at a good rate and there will not be much complications while take care of the eggs.
You also need to take care of the female bearded dragon who laid the egg as she need lots of rest and sleep. Even the diet should be healthy so that she gains lots of strength and be normal after some days.