Superworms are a good healthy meal for your branded dragons. These are a good sources of protein.
Before feeding branded dragon the superworms you should know how much and when they supposed to been served.
Superworms are the larvae of the zoophobic Morio darkling beetle species. They are a good source of protein and branded dragons love it.
Along with the protein these super worms are a source of fat too you should only feed you branded dragon 1-2 at a time and twice in a week.
If you are wondering if your branded dragon will eat superworms or not! then they love to eat it. You can also check out our guide on How Many Mealworms To Feed A Bearded Dragon?
Nutritional Values of SuperWorms –
- Moisture – 61%
- Total Protein – 49%
- Total Fat – 36%
- Calcium:Phosphorus – 1:9
- Superworms test is a very good and branded dragon enjoy while eating them.
- Superworms are a good source of protein and fat.
- They are good alternative food for freshly chopped green
- You can keep super worms alive for a long time. They can stay in a pyar stage up to 3 months.
- They are very easy to maintain. You can put them in a container with some dry braj and can add potato chunk for more freshness.
Superworms are easily available. You can find them in many pet store. Also can buy them online. These insects are very affordable.
Superworms are a mixer of protein and moisture. They good for protein but at the same time, they also contain 15% of food which is very high.
- This high percentage of fat can cause health problems like constipation, obesity, and malnutrition.
- As we said these insects test so good that your branded dragon can refuse to eat other meals for the next time and, superworms only need to serve twice a week.
- Superworms can bite your border dragon if it doesn’t eat them right away.
- Super warm could be harmful to you. They can bite you when you are holding them. You better need gloves while holding them.
What If Bearded Dragon Eat more SuperWorms –
Superworms have a hard exoskeleton which is hard to digest. When a bearded dragon eats them bits and Pieces of undigested exoskeleton sit on its stomach.
If it eats more super worms than required then it causes gut impaction.
Gut impaction may cause several dysfunctions in the body like sluggishness, weight loss, inability to keep food down, loss of appetite, Lumps along the spine or belly, difficulty to walk, etc.
When you make a diet plan for your branded dragon you should add greens and other healthy insects like crickets or dubia roaches.
Like Superworms, Dubia Roaches also a good source of protein, and these insects are easy to digest. Although Dubia Roaches are risk-free but very hard to find.
An average adult branded dragon gets 70% green and 30% protein from the insects. You should follow 3 days feeding cycle-
- Day 1 – Greens
- Day 2 – Protein (Insects)
- Day 3 – Greens
You should also make sure to not feed these to your bearded dragon.
Superworms Diet for Young Bearded Dragon –
For a young bearded dragon, 5-15 months old, you can feed them with super worms but, they should be small larvae and your bearded dragon is big enough to handle them.
It is suggested that never feed your branded dragon any food that is bigger than their eyes.
You can feed 3-7 super worms to juveniles. You also can include other healthy insects in their diet for variation. For baby bearded dragons you can give them small insects.
Leave a Reply