The leopard gecko is one of the most preferred pet from the family of reptiles. They are small lizards and also quite friendly with humans. They are nocturnal in nature and usually are found in the places where the climate is hot and dry. They are basically found in the country like India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc. They have unique eyelids that are not present in other lizards and they enjoy the presence of the humans.
Also, they are the best option for the beginners who want to keep reptiles as pets because leopard geckos are easy to pet or tame. You can take care of them easily and also you can understand them as they are not so much demanding as compared to other lizards.
Leopard geckos are kept in terrariums which are also filled with other essential stuff for the leopard geckos. One of the essential items is the feeding dish for the leopard gecko as this is an important part of their terrarium and one should know what type of feeding dish you should get for the leopard geckos as they will feed in those dishes so you should have the knowledge about them.
A feeding dish is a vessel that is provided to the leopard gecko in order to feed them with various food and water. This is an essential item to be kept inside the terrarium of the leopard gecko and they will eat every food item inside the feeding dish as they get used to eating the food in the feeding dish.
So as an owner you should be aware of the type of the feeding dish that should be provided for the leopard gecko so that they can eat comfortably from the feeding dishes and they will have no problem eating from it.
Top Feeding Dishes for Leopard Geckos
As we know that the leopard geckos need a feeding dish in order to eat food so as an owner you need to provide them with the best feeding dish available in the market. So here is the list of the 5 best feeding dishes for the leopard geckos as given below:-
1. Exo Terra Granite Rock Reptile Feeding Dish
The Exo terra granite rock reptile feeding dish is one of the best feeding dishes for the leopard gecko available in the market. The material is granite and this material is hard and durable and so there will be no worry of breakage. The bowl is natural-looking giving it an amazing touch of the wild as the sides are quite crooked to make it look like natural feeding dish.
Overall Exo terra granite reptile feeding dish is an amazing option for the leopard gecko and they are also like the feeding dish and as such, there is not much problem with the dish and the owners also loves it as it comes at an affordable price so too much money is not shed off from their pockets. The resin used for the feeding dish is food grade to make sure that it is not poisonous for the leopard gecko.
- The price of this feeding dish is affordable and you can very well buy it without any hesitation.
- The feeding dish is stable and that is why it cannot be easily tipped over by any big reptile.
- The feeding dish is easy to clean and that means it is easy to maintain.
- The material is non-porous which means that no leakage will be there and also no harmful bacteria will be absorbed in it.
- The material of the feeding dish is heavy so if there are kids in the house it can be tough for them to hold the feeding dish for the leopard gecko.
- The sides of the dish are crooked which so there can be chances that it can hurt the leopard gecko.
2. Fluker’s Repta- Bowl Rock Dish for Feeding and Water
The Fluker’s Repta- bowl rock dish for feeding and for water is an amazing option for the feeding dish and that also at a very low price, so anyone can afford it. The feeding dish is made of rock which means they are tough and durable and because it is made up of rock the feeding dish has a natural look.
These dishes can be used for both food and water that is why they are preferred more by the owners of the leopard gecko. They are an amazing option for the leopard gecko and are among the top best feeding dishes because of their durability and the very low price. These feeding dishes have an amazingly natural look and are also quite easy to maintain and your leopard gecko also enjoys the food or water in this feeding dish.
- The price is quite low which makes it affordable for the owners of the leopard gecko.
- These feeding dishes are easy to clean and disinfect which means they are very easy to maintain.
- The durability and the life of the feeding dish is long due to its material as it is made up of rock.
- The interior of this feeding dish is textured for the easy escape.
- The Fluker’s feeding dish is heavy enough to resist itself from tipping over.
- These feeding dishes are quite shallow which makes the food fall over and sometimes the worms crawl over.
- The size is also not appropriate in the case for the bigger reptiles.
3. Exo Terra Shallow Feeding Dish
The Exo terra shallow feeding dish is also considered among the best feeding dish and can be used as an amazing dish for the leopard geckos. This feeding dish looks amazing and quite natural which nicely blends with the other stuff of the terrarium in which the set- up is quite similar to their wild habitat.
These feeding dishes are coated with food-grade resin in order to prevent the birth of harmful bacteria that can cause diseases in your leopard gecko. The surfaces are smooth and non-porous in order to prevent leakage. The Exo terra shallow feeding dish has so many amazing features which make it popular among the owners of the leopard gecko and they love this feeding dish for their leopard gecko.
- The feeding dish is easy to clean and maintain.
- The Exo terra shallow feeding dish is stable and sturdy which prevents it from tipping over.
- The surfaces of the feeding dish are smooth and non-porous that prevents the growth of harmful bacteria and also makes the feeding dish anti-leakage.
- The cost of this feeding dish is too high as compared to other feeding dishes.
- The depth of the Exo terra shallow feeding dish is not much as the name suggests so there are times the food or water spills over and even the live insects or worms crawls over this feeding dish.
4. Exo Terra Dual Compartment Feeding Dish
The Exo terra dual compartment feeding dish is an amazing feeding dish as it is also considered as one of the best feeding dishes for the leopard gecko, as it has dual compartments. The purpose of the dual compartments is that they serve as separate dishes for food and water so there is no mixing up. Another important thing is that they are deep enough so there is no room for escape for the worms or other live insects.
The larger compartment is made for the water which also includes the safety measures in order to prevent the small leopard geckos from drowning. The smaller compartment is meant for the food of the leopard gecko. This is an overall amazing feeding dish for the leopard gecko and is also preferred by their owners as it serves two purposes.
- The Exo terra dual compartment feeding dish is a 2-in-1 feeding dish as it serves 2 purposes.
- These feeding dishes are stable and durable in nature because of the good quality of material used.
- The feeding dish is deep enough so that they can hold water and food properly and does not allow any escape.
- The non-porous surface makes the feeding dish free from leakage.
- The size of this feeding dish is not quite large which means you cannot fill it with too much food or water it holds only a small quantity.
5. Spot Ceramic Reptile Feeding Dish
The spot ceramic reptile feeding dish is one of the best feeding dishes for the leopard gecko. It is a heavyweight feeding dish which helps in preventing spillage. The feeding dish is made up of ceramic and due to that, it has a glossy finish that makes the feeding dish leakage proof and also quite easy to clean and maintain due to its simple design. The spot ceramic reptile dish is usually preferred due to its low price and easy to maintain feature and also it is considered as one of the best feeding dishes for the leopard gecko.
- The feeding dish is highly affordable.
- The spot ceramic reptile feeding dish is easy to clean and maintain.
- The feeding dish is free from leakage due to its non-porous material.
- Highly durable and stable feeding dish.
- The look of this feeding dish is not much appealing to the eyes, as it is not natural like other feeding dishes.
The feeding dishes that are mentioned above are the best feeding dishes for the leopard gecko because of their outstanding features.
The feeding dish is a necessity for the leopard gecko and to get the best one with all sorts of outstanding features is the duty of the owner of the leopard gecko as they know what is best for their lovely leopard gecko.