Iguanas are sometimes difficult pets as taking care of them is white tricky. One of the important things that you need to take care of is that there should be proper lightning in the enclosure of the iguanas. It is important for you to know that they not only need the UVB and the UVA rays but they also need some strong source that provides the necessary heating.
As like the other reptiles we see that the iguanas are also cold-blooded and to stay warm they need an external source. This would help in maintaining body temperature.
So in this article, we will focus on some ways that will help us know which ways you can use and which lamp will be best suited for your iguana.
Are you aware of the fact that if you provide the best heating lamp to your iguana then it can help it in living in a more healthy way. Also, if the lighting is good it would meet one of the basic requirements of the iguana that will help it in surviving and staying healthy.
If you do not provide lighting to your pet then your iguana can get ill and even die. If you wish that your lizard survives in a healthy way then you have to make provision for optimum lightning in your cage. So below we will see some important and best iguana heat lamps that will suit you best.
- 1 Top 10 Heat Lamps for Iguana with review
- 1.1 1. BYB Ceramic Infrared Heat Emitter
- 1.2 2. Evergreen Pet Supplies Mercury Vapor Bulb
- 1.3 3. Flukers Ceramic Heat Emitter
- 1.4 4. Exo Terra Heat Glo Infrared Spot Lamp
- 1.5 5. Sunvie Pet Reptile Infrared Heating Lamp
- 1.6 6. Zoo Med ReptiSun
- 1.7 7. Zacro Reptile Heat Lamp
- 1.8 8. Zoo Med Repti Dome Lamp
- 1.9 9. BYB Ceramic Infrared Heat Emitter
- 1.10 10. Evergreen Pet Mercury Vapor Lamp
- 2 Wattage for heat lamp
- 3 Heat lamp use
Top 10 Heat Lamps for Iguana with review
One of the most important aspects that you need to know is the heat. If your iguana gets the exact or the right amount of heat then it will live longer and healthier.
This is simply done because the iguanas live under the sunlight in the wild to get heat and do not have any internal heat for their survival. Since the iguana is your pet it is your duty to provide it with the appropriate temperature conditions.
Our Top Pick:
- Best on budget: BYB Ceramic Infrared Heat Emitter
- Best Quality: Exo Terra Heat Glo Infrared Spot Lamp
- Great Customer reviews: Zoo Med Repti Dome Lamp
1. BYB Ceramic Infrared Heat Emitter
This is one of the heating lamps which is very popular in the market. This will fit in any of the reflectors and with the help of a porcelain socket.
It won’t run out as like the other heat lamps. This is because it can last up to 10,000 hours.
This heat emitter would be perfect for the iguanas because it emits strong heat and keeps the iguanas warm.
- It helps the iguanas to live easily even in a cold environment. The emitter can be used at night. This is because it does not have any visible light output. So it can be used for 24 hours and it won’t affect the cycles of your pet too.
- If you are not able to deliver enough heat for your pet’s habitat then this heat emitter will suit your purpose. The best way to give warmth to your pet is through raw power. The heat emitter is of 150 watts and is very helpful in providing comfort and warmth for your iguana.
- This is better as compared to the other bulbs which cannot generate enough power.
- Provides enough power
- Keeps the habitat of your pet warm
- In some cases it emits sparks
2. Evergreen Pet Supplies Mercury Vapor Bulb
This is a great lamp and a convenient package for your pet if you are willing to buy a heat lamp.
This bulbs easily accommodate into any standard socket and has a better and longer life than any other bulbs.
If you want to buy the most versatile heat lamps for your pet iguana then the Mercury bulbs are the one you are looking for. These are bright and the light emitted by then is in blue spectrum. The blue light is very important to regulate the sleep cycle of the iguanas.
- Also, these bulbs generate some specific amount of heat that can reach the habitat of your pet. These infrared emissions of the bulb are natural and they emit heat which is closer to the IR spectrum. The best thing which you ill find in this mercury bulb is that you would no longer need a UV light for your pet as it will meet all the requirements.
- These Mercury bulbs produce certain UV rays that are required by your iguana. It is important for you to know that Mercury produces strong UV emissions when it is ionized electrically. The same is found in the UV bulbs. So, this bulb will meet both the requirements.
- Powerful bulb
- Emits UV rays too
- Produces a significant amount of heat for the habitat
- Might not have a very long life
3. Flukers Ceramic Heat Emitter
This lamp is produced by a company which is well aware regarding the reptiles. The heat lamp is built in such a way that it can last for about 25000 hours even after the operation of the bulb throughout the day.
This heat emitter is available in three sizes. The bulb which is of 60 watts would be the best for those iguanas which live in small enclosures. For the adult iguanas, the 100-150 watt bulb would be best suited. Also, it would provide the extra power needed.
This lamp would easily fit in any of the reflector sizes but should only be used with the porcelain socket. This bulb is a little bigger so you have to get a reflector in which it can easily fit.
- Long life
- Produces required heat
- Can be used 24/7
- Many users have received it broken
4. Exo Terra Heat Glo Infrared Spot Lamp
This lamp comes in a number of power outputs. You can get the 50 watts or 75 watts morels so that it can provide enough heat to the tanks which are of 55 gallons. For the adult iguanas, you can get the lamps which are of 100-150 watts.
The good part about this lamp is that it provides heat through the red part of the visible spectrum. These red lights and rays do not affect the sleep of your pet. The reason why this light does not disturb your pet is that iguanas are stimulated through the blue portion of the spectrum.
- Also, this light won’t affect humans either because it has very less effect on our night vision. The red light can also be a good light for the night time, and you can check if your pet is sleeping or not.
- Red light is emitted which is safe for night cycles
- A good amount of heat is generated
- Might not fit in some tanks
5. Sunvie Pet Reptile Infrared Heating Lamp
If you want some extra protection for your pet then this one would be the best suited according to your needs. This heating lamp has a high-quality mesh around the bulb which helps you in protecting your pet to come in direct contact of the heat lamp.
The enclosure that is of metal distributes the best evenly and also helps in preventing the cold spots in your pet’s habitat.
The fixture has an emitter of 100 watts in the package.
- This lamp also has a convenient hook that is used to mount it in the iguana’s habitat. Also, there is a cord which is covered by a metal sheath.
- This will keep the lamp safe so that your iguanas do not chew it. Also, there is a socket which will handle the high temperatures.
- Protection for the iguanas is there
- Heat is provided in the required amount
- Might fall again and again
6. Zoo Med ReptiSun
If you are looking for the best heat lamp then you should know that the ReptiSun is the one which will not disappoint you at all. This is among the best heating lamps and will keep your per satisfied by providing the right amount of heat.
The bulb is available in the perfect combination of UVB and UVA rays which is 10 and 30 %. If you want to ensure that the perfect amount of UVB is received by your pet, then for that you need to have a transmitting glass.
There is a light burning screw too in the sockets that help to ensure that there is no requirement for the ballast. The overall effect of the heat lamp helps iguanas get the right amount of light as well as heat and their survival is healthy.
- The UVB rays help in ensuring that your pet does not have any bone diseases while the UVA rays help in maintaining their feeding, basking and the mating cycles. You will love the performance of the heat lamps.
- Ensures perfect amount of UVB and UVA heat transfer
- No requirement of ballast
- Prevents bone diseases
- Has a UVB transmitting glass.
- Little expensive
7. Zacro Reptile Heat Lamp
This emitter is for use during the night time. It does not provide any visible light. The infrared light provided by it gives the proper amount of heat that is needed without any light. It does not have any UVA or UVB reflection abilities.
The bulb is of 10 cm length and wattage of 150 watts. The heat lamp also has a thermometer attached to it. If you need a bulb that can work 24 hours then this one is perfect. Also, there us thermometer, battery and a heat bulb along with the box.
- Has a long battery life
- Provides heat without light
- No UVB or UVA rays
- Only for nights
8. Zoo Med Repti Dome Lamp
Do you want large as well as a good dome lamp? Then this one is the best according to that purpose. This is because it has excess to provide you with a balanced amount of heat. Also, it is long-lasting and maintains a healthy life cycle pf your pet.
It has a strong base and also there are buttons which you can easily use to switch it on and off. There is a reflector too that helps ensure that the lamp does not stick to it always.
If you want to enhance the working of the bulb to provide UVB and UVA rays then this bulb has aluminium used in it which will help you achieve it. The aluminium used in the lamp makes sure that the output heat is optimum and there is a balance maintained.
- You can make use of the bulb of 160 watts and it can be easily pulled forward before every use.
- Can be used for bigger bulbs
- Aluminium is used
- Extra dome features
- Manual maintenance required
9. BYB Ceramic Infrared Heat Emitter
This is perfect for the iguanas which live in high levels of humidity. This heat lamp can work easily for about 417 days and us very reliable. The users are prevented to spend extra money if they use this bulb as this is efficient as well as long-lasting.
This lamp would work very nicely with the E26 sockets. And if you want high performance then for that you need a porcelain socket. The wattage is 150 and the voltage is 110-220 V.
One thing that you need to take care of while using this lamp is that after you turn it off you should touch it only after a gap of one hour. This is because it might hurt you.
- The lamp provides the necessary amount of heat 24/7. And you do not need any extra source for heat if you are using this. Also, your iguana won’t be disturbed as it does not provide any additional light and only provides heat.
- Maintains the temperature
- Lasts long
- Promotes health
- Does not emit light
10. Evergreen Pet Mercury Vapor Lamp
This is the best bulb for daylight and will offer the desired amount of heat for your iguana. One of the best features of using this lamp is that it can be used with any of the enclosures.
Also, it has high compatibility and that too for a lot of enclosures. It provides the perfect balance of light as well as heat to the iguanas and does not affect their normal activities. It prevents the emission of UVC rays.
- The desired heat and warmth is given to the iguanas which they get from the sunlight in the wild. The heat that is emitted by the lamp is very convenient and provides the iguanas with a lot of benefits and helps them in improving their health.
- The lamp has a wattage of 100 watts and is tested for its working as well as the quality of the bulb is satisfactory. It is reliable and trustworthy too so you can easily use it.
- Provides balanced heat and light
- For all reptiles
Wattage for heat lamp
The heat lamp and the temperature requirement would depend on the type of enclosure as well as the size of your iguana.
If your iguana is small and living in a small enclosure then 50-75 watt lamp would be enough but if your iguana is adult and has a big enclosure then you would need a 100-watt bulb or 150-watt bulb as per the requirement.
If the heat lamp is very powerful then it can lead to heat stress which can harm the iguanas. If your iguana is an adult then it would need a powerful lamp in order to provide the required amount of heat. The amount of power will vary as per the size. If you are thinking to keep your iguana in a large habitat then for that you will need a powerful bulb of 250 watts.
The best way by which you can know if the lamp is working or not is to measure the temperature inside the enclosure. You can do this by the thermometer which will help you measure the temperature by taking readings. By this, you will know how much heat is going inside the enclosure.
Heat lamp use
Your pet requires both UVB as well as UVA rays in a balanced form. This helps to maintain proper functioning in their body. This is one of the important features you need to consider while buying a lamp.
The UVB rays help in ensuring that your pet gets the right amount of nutrients. This will help in better functioning of your pet and you will get all the desired functions in your iguana.
To regulate the functions in the body of iguanas, they need UVA rays. If they do not get these they might suffer from bone disease.
Since the lizards do not have any heat of their own they need it from outside or externally. These will help in maintaining the proper functioning in the iguana’s body.
To provide the necessary amount of UV rays you can let your iguana get direct sunlight. But this is not helpful for every day. You can select the best heat lamp for your pet from the ones which are mentioned above. All of the above have the best features and are highly suitable for your pet. Do check out the pros and cons and see which suits you the best.
How to Properly Clean an Iguana Cage?
How To Tame And Bond With Your Iguana?
Leave a Reply