The bearded dragon is one of the favorite pets for reptile enthusiasts and due to its big size, the bearded dragon becomes more popular. As we know that the bearded dragon is quite sensitive and is not a good option for beginners.
Due to the reason that they are sensitive the bearded dragon can get sick and can also develop various infections and diseases due to the parasites that the bearded dragon has on their body as their body acts as a host for the parasites. In this guide, we will discuss how to get rid of the parasites in the bearded dragon so that they can live happy and satisfying life.
How to get rid of the parasites in the bearded dragon?
The parasites that live on the body of the bearded dragon can be very harmful to them and those parasites can live internally or externally on their body depending upon the type of parasites.
These parasites are very harmful to the bearded dragon and they can make them sick, many diseases and infections can occur to them and sometimes the parasites are so dangerous for the bearded dragon that they can prove fatal for their life.
You can get rid of the parasites in the bearded dragon by following the steps below:
- Mites are known as the worst parasites and they develop externally on the body of the bearded dragon and feeds through the skin of the bearded dragon. As when they will stop feeding through the skin they will drop off from their body and will lay their eggs in the substrate of the tank. So for them, you need to regularly clean and disinfect the tank of the bearded dragon so that you can get rid of the mites.
- Also cleaning of the tank is necessary for getting rid of any type of parasites, as many of the parasites develop because of the poor hygiene maintain inside the tank of the bearded dragon. Change the substrate regularly and also whatever things that you put inside the tank of the bearded dragon you should properly clean and disinfect them properly.
- Remove the droppings of the bearded dragon from the tank as the droppings contain maximum parasites and it is quite toxic for the bearded dragon. So remove it as soon as possible to maintain the proper and hygienic environment inside the tank of the bearded dragon.
- In some cases, you need to visit the vet so that they can give you proper medication if you are not able to get rid of the parasites on your own or if you do not know what to do. In such cases, the vet can tell you that what is the best way to get rid of the parasites and will give you perfect advice for getting rid of parasites as the vets are experts and they know what is best for your bearded dragon.
- Another way to get rid of the parasites from the bearded dragons is that you can provide them with oral medication which you can get on prescriptions by the vet. Oral medication is usually done for getting rid of the internal parasites. So oral medication should not be given without consulting the vet as this may have certain side- effects too on the bearded dragon. So be careful and have all knowledge about oral medication.
- There are some medicines that can be used on the skin of the bearded dragon so that you can get rid of the parasites that are externally developing on the body of the bearded dragon. Get those medicines only under the guidance of the vet and also you should know how to use them properly on the body of the bearded dragon so that no problems are created.
- You need to clean and bathe your bearded dragon properly so that you can get rid of the parasites from their body easily and also so that no new parasites can attack them. Bathe the bearded dragon regularly and also use safe products on their body so that no harmful parasites can develop on their body.
These are some of the ways by which you can get rid of the parasites from the body of the bearded dragon because the parasites cause lots of issues to the bearded dragon and this is the reason that you should get rid of the bearded dragon.
The bearded dragon is a sensitive pet and because of that reason, you need to take care of them properly and also so that the bearded dragon can live a healthy life.
As we know that the parasites are quite harmful to the bearded dragon so we should make every effort to get rid of them and once we make our bearded dragons free from parasites they grow into healthy pets and also happy and satisfied ones.