The Alaskan Klee Kai is an outstanding pet if you are a husky lover, the Alaskan Klee Kai is a cute little dog that is considered a good companion for its owner. The Alaskan Klee Kai is one of the most intelligent dogs that are easy to train and also you can make them understand anything.
The Alaskan Klee Kai is active in nature and that is the reason that they can perform various activities and also because of this they are good at sports.
In this guide, we will discuss how we can groom the Alaskan Klee Kai and as we know that grooming is very important for dogs so it is our duty to give the best of everything and maintain a clean and healthy environment for them.
What type of grooming you can give to the Alaskan Klee Kei?
The basic types of grooming that can be given to the Alaskan Klee Kai and that are done on a frequent basis are as follows:
- Bathing of your Alaskan Klee Kai
- Nail Trimming of Alaskan Klee Kai
- Brushing of the hair coat of Alaskan Klee Kai
These are the basic grooming that you can and have to do for your Alaskan Klee Kai and they will enjoy their grooming session if they are used to it and also if you have trained them for the same. Otherwise, they will create a fuss for you if they are not used to all this. Even you have to their grooming patiently otherwise they will not be around you when they will get to know that you about to groom them.
How to groom Alaskan Klee Kai?
The Alaskan Klee Kai needs to be groomed properly in order to stay neat and clean and even healthy so that they can stay happy. The Alaskan Klee Kai as we know has a wiry and hard coat that needs to be groomed well for their betterment.
So to groom their hair properly you need to strip their hair regularly to strengthen the quality and even the texture of the coat. There is always the benefit of regular grooming and this can be done in 2 ways, either hand-stripped or you can use the clippers and even the scissors to trim off their hair and also so that there is no matting in the hair.
Step by step guide to grooming
There are various steps that are involved in grooming and those steps are listed below:
- To start with you need to bathe your Alaskan Klee Kai for that place them in a tub or a bath and then wet their hair coat properly. You need to bathe your Alaskan Klee Kai at least twice a week.
- Do check the temperature of the water with which you are wetting your dog in order to ensure whether the dog is comfortable or not.
- After wetting the hair coat of the Alaskan Klee Kai apply a little bit of shampoo in the downward motion so that the shampoo is applied properly to their hair. Be careful while applying the shampoo and make sure that you do not let the shampoo enter the eyes of the Alaskan Klee Kai as it can hurt your dog and it can cause irritation to their eyes.
- When you realize that you have applied the shampoo properly then wash off the shampoo properly from their hair and apply the conditioner in the same way as the shampoo and then wash off the conditioner properly from their hair.
- Now as we know that the coat is completely wet so in order to dry it squeeze the coat inside the bath before letting them out.
- After taking the Alaskan Klee Kai out of the bath make them stand on the towels and you need to place a towel that covers the back of the Alaskan Klee Kai and slowly and gently squeeze the water from the hair coat of the Alaskan Klee Kai. Never rub the hair of the dog as it tangles and makes the hair of the Alaskan Klee Kai frizzy.
- You can even do matting of the hair in order to remove the excess water from the hair coat. If there are tangles in their try gently free them with your fingers and make sure do not hurt them do everything gently and softly because they are fuzzy at this time.
- The hair should be tangle-free before you have to brush and comb them so that brushing and combing become easy.
- Now you can easily brush the hair of the Alaskan Klee Kai and dry them properly as this will help in removing the hair that would otherwise come out because we know that Alaskan Klee Kai sheds heavily.
- After bathing the Alaskan Klee Kai uses oils for their hair coat so that you can moisturize their hair as it can become rough after giving a bath to them. You can use light oils for the silky coat and heavy oils for the cottony coats so that they become better and have proper shine and gloss and also so that they are nourished properly.
- Now do cut the nails of the Alaskan Klee Kai for better hygiene with the help of the nail clippers and be careful while cutting the nails of the Alaskan Klee Kai, do not hurt them, and do the clipping of the nails quite slowly and carefully. You need to clip the nails of your Alaskan Klee Kai every 4 to 6 weeks to maintain your hygiene.
- Also brush or comb the hair of Alaskan Klee Kai daily to prevent their hair shedding as this can help in reducing their hair fall.
- There are times that dirt or debris gets caught in the ears of the Alaskan Klee Kai and even the water while you are giving them a bath so it is very important to clean the ears of the Alaskan Klee Kai in that case.
- So you need to check their ears at least once a week and clean them with the cotton ball or with the ear cleansers that are approved by the vet. This will help in cleaning the ears of the Alaskan Klee Kai and they will not have any sort of issues or infections in their ears.
- You also need to brush the teeth of your Alaskan Klee Kai just like you do yours in order to prevent plaque and even the building up of tartar and also to reduce the bad breath of your dog. So brush their teeth at least 2 to 3 times a week and use the toothpaste that is safe for animals and not the human ones, because it will be quite harmful to your dog.
- After this, your dog is ready and well-groomed and you can now let them rest for some time and see how amazing they look after grooming.
- These steps are to be followed properly only then the Alaskan Klee Kai will be well-groomed and will be able to stay fit and healthy.
These are the various steps in which you can easily groom the Alaskan Klee Kai and also you need to follow these steps carefully so that no problem occurs while you are grooming the Alaskan Klee Kai. Make sure that every step is followed carefully without missing any step.
How long does it take to groom the Alaskan Klee Kai?
To groom the Alaskan Klee Kai you need the following time depending upon the type of grooming you are doing:-
- For brushing your Alaskan Klee Kai you need up to 10 minutes if you brush them on a frequent routine.
- For cutting the hair of the dog you need at least 2 to 4 hours that also after the pre-bath and after the cutting is complete you need to clean them up.
- In order to bathe your Alaskan Klee Kai the time taken is as low as 10 minutes and can go up to an hour depending upon the type of bathing that you are giving to them.
- For cutting the claws of your dog you just need 5 minutes and if your Alaskan Klee Kai is causing a lot of fuss then it can take even more time.
These are the various timing that is taken by the Alaskan Klee Kai when they are groomed and these timings depend upon the type of grooming you are giving to the Alaskan Klee Kai, depending upon that the time varies.
The Alaskan Klee Kai have double hair coat so that is the reason that grooming is a must in these dogs and you can do that without any problem also if you do not have time you can also take them to the professional groomers so that proper care can be done and proper grooming takes place.
Taking them to professional grooming can be expensive but it is worth every penny. So grooming is very important in the life of any pet because it keeps them healthy and also creates a healthy environment for the owner and the dog itself.
Leave a Reply