Bearded dragon is an egg laying animal that is similar to a lizard but is quite bigger than that and belongs to the family of reptiles. They have to lay eggs so we need to prepare a lay box for them that is appropriate for the bearded dragon for laying of eggs.
We will discuss about how to make a laybox for the bearded dragon with some basic things that are usually available at home and make a comfortable lay box for the bearded dragon and also that is safe for the laying of eggs.
The material required for making of the lay box for the bearded dragon are as follows:-
- A container that should be 8” deep and also spacious enough so that the bearded dragon can walk around properly.
- An organic soil or sand
- One low wattage light bulb
How to Make a Lay Box for Bearded Dragons?
The process required for making of the lay box is as follows
- First of fall take the container and sanitise it.
- Then add the substrate to it (organic soil or sand) and then add water to the substrate until it is damp enough.
- But make sure do not make it too wet that it is not able to hold the shape and water is dripping while squeezing the soil.
- After this put the low watt bulb over the container to keep it warm.
- If the soil or the substrate is too cold the female bearded dragon will not lay eggs as she knows that in cold temperature the eggs will not incubate properly.
- The next step is to put your female bearded dragon into the lay box and let her lay the eggs in that.
- Do not disturb her and make sure that she is in quite area.
- Then after laying the eggs she will bury them inside the soil or sand whatever substrate you have put inside the box.
- Now after burying is complete you can move the bearded dragon from the lay box and give her a bath and also feed her with the diet that is rich in calcium.
The steps required in making of lay box for a bearded dragon is easy and it can be made from the materials that are easily available at home. There is no complex method involved in it and also you can enjoy the process of making the lay box. The lay box is a must when your female bearded dragon has to lay the eggs.
If we a keeping a bearded dragon as a pet we also need to take care of them in every way possible so that they can lead a healthy life and also when it comes to laying of eggs they can comfortably rely on us without any issue.
We should be very protective and understanding when the female bearded dragon is about to lay eggs as they need more care and attention at this time as compared to other times and we should be quite sensitive to their needs whether it is a lay box, their food, etc.
Leave a Reply