Bearded dragon is one of the most sensitive animal and that is why you need to take care of everything including what you will feed them with. We will discuss about whether we should feed the bearded dragons with radish or not in this article.
Radish Can bearded dragons eat radishes?
Radish is one of the general root crops that can be eaten by bearded dragon but in quite small quantities that also on occasional basis. You should not feed the radishes on daily basis to the bearded dragon.
The main reason behind this is that the radishes contain high level of water that can cause various digestive issues in your bearded dragons. You have to be very careful with the food choices that need to be fed to the bearded dragon.
Harmful effects of eating more radishes by the bearded dragon?
The harmful effects of eating radishes by the bearded dragon are as follows:-
- Radishes are low in calcium, which makes it sometimes unfit for the bearded dragon to consume it as calcium is very important for healthy bones and the movement, so deficiency of calcium can cause serious illness to the bearded dragon.
- It is said that the radishes have an unhealthy ratio of phosphorous and calcium, as the presence of phosphorous in the radishes, stops the calcium from being absorbed in the body. Which again makes the bearded dragon calcium deficient.
As we know that the bearded dragon is not poisonous at all but is still not considered as the staple food the bearded dragon.
How much quantity can Bearded Dragons Eat Radishes?
Radish contains quite disproportionate ratio for calcium to phosphorous and the disproportionate foods are not good for the bearded dragon and causes health issues.
You should always choose food that has an ideal ratio of 2:1 as this ratio of calcium to phosphorous is suitable for the bearded dragons and are considered as the healthy ratio for them.
The steps on how to prepare the radishes for the bearded dragon are as follows:-
- Firstly you have to wash the radishes carefully and properly.
- After this do not cook the radishes, you should provide them in raw form to the bearded dragon. As cooking decreases the nutritional value of the radishes.
- The radishes should be chopped in to small pieces or chunks so that they can be easily eaten by the bearded dragon.
The bearded dragon loves radishes, but the owners should not feed them with lots of radishes as it is not good for them. Be very careful with your bearded dragon as we know that they are very sensitive animals and they need lots of care and attention to live a safe, healthy, comfortable and happy life.
These animals needs lots of care as the diet of your bearded dragon needs to be regulated and you need to be careful with each and every item you fed to them.
As any wrong food item can cause illness to your bearded dragon and even if any of the food item is fed in wrong quantity that can also be harmful for your bearded dragon and sometimes it can also lead to the death of your bearded dragon, so you should know the full guide if you want to feed any food item to your bearded dragon.