An Akita is one of the strongest and the powerful dog breed and they are highly active dogs. As we know that they are strong, it clearly means that they are also quite aggressive in nature. The Akita is also an amazing guardian dog that will even risk its life in order to save you.
The Akita needs lots of training and stuff so that you can control them and also make them behave in a particular way and do not harm anybody around. In this article, we will know more about the Akita and discuss the height and weight of the dog. We will basically know about how much should an Akita weigh and grow that is apt for them and is also healthy.
How much should an Akita weigh?
The weight of the Akita should be according to their age and they should not be underweight or overweight and if they are means they are not healthy. So it is your duty that you should take care of the Akita and make sure that they get the proper weight according to theirfeat age. The list of appropriate weight according to their age is given as below:
Male Akita weight:
- 1 month old should weigh around 7 to 12 lbs.
- 2 months old should weigh around 17 to 27 lbs.
- 3 months old should weigh around 30 to 40 lbs.
- 4 months old should weigh around 35 to 50 lbs.
- 5 months old should weigh around 45 to 60 lbs.
- 6 months old should weigh around 55 to 70 lbs.
- 7 months old should weigh around 60 to 80 lbs.
- 8 months old should weigh around 65 to 85 lbs.
- 9 months old should weigh around 75 to 95 lbs.
- 10 months old should weigh around 90 to 110 lbs.
- 11 months old should weigh around 95 to 115 lbs.
- 1 year old should weigh around 95 to 125 lbs.
- 5 years old should weigh around 100 to 130 lbs.
- 2 years old should weigh around 100 to 130 lbs.
Female Akita weight:
- 1 month old should weigh around 5 to 10 lbs.
- 2 months old should weigh around 15 to 25 lbs.
- 3 months old should weigh around 30 to 40 lbs.
- 4 months old should weigh around 35 to 45 lbs.
- 5 months old should weigh around 45 to 55 lbs.
- 6 months old should weigh around 50 to 65 lbs.
- 7 months old should weigh around 55 to 75 lbs.
- 8 months old should weigh around 60 to 80 lbs.
- 9 months old should weigh around 65 to 85 lbs.
- 10 months old should weigh around 65 to 85 lbs.
- 11 months old should weigh around 65 to 90 lbs.
- 1 year old should weigh around 70 to 95 lbs.
- 5 years old should weigh around 70 to 100 lbs.
- 2 years old should weigh around 70 to 100 lbs.
These are the weights of the male and female Akita according to their age and there are variations in the weight of male and female Akita even if they are of the same age. Therefore the weight of the Akita should be appropriate if you want that your Akita should live a happy and healthy lifestyle without any sort of problem and also you can even check whether they are underweight or overweight with the weight list that is given above for the Akita.
How much should an Akita grow?
An Akita does not grow to its fullest at a very fast pace they take time to reach their full growth as compared to other dog breeds that are smaller to them. The Akita is a huge dog so to attain their full size they will definitely require some time.
There would be variations in the height or the growth of the male and female Akita. The male Akita will be slightly larger than the female Akita when they will be fully grown and you will notice the difference. The fully grown male Akita would be around 26 to 28 inches tall and the female Akita would be around 24 to 26 inches tall. When you will notice a fully grown Akita it would appear muscular and strong and they will appear longer as compared to their tallness.
Also, it is said that the Akita will grow approximately to the size of their parents, and this information you would get from the breeders.
While getting your Akita from the market make sure you get it from the repetitive place so that your Akita should not have any sort of disease or infection, instead it should be healthy and amazing when you bought them home. Only good breeders and pet shops can provide you with the best dog that you want.
Health an important factor
As we know that the health plays a very important role when it comes to the weight or the growth of the Akita because if the Akita is healthy only then they can grow up to a proper height and would weigh appropriately according to their age.
You need to take care of the Akita properly so that you can get an amazing and lively Akita playing at home that does not have any sort of disease and infection. They are gaining weight accordingly to their age as it is required and even they are growing according to the appropriate time.
The Akita needs to be healthy and this can be possible with the help of the owner as they are dependent on their owner for everything. So an owner of an Akita should provide them with proper food and also take them for regular exercise so that they do not get overweight. You also need to train them properly so that they can become disciplined and know how to behave in a particular manner and at a particular place.
The more you will take care of the health of the Akita the happier and comfortable they will be on staying with you. You will notice that they will not have any sort of issues and they will be strong and powerful and will grow and gain weight according to their age.
The Akita is one of the best dogs only for those people who are experienced and know how to control them and train them properly. As training them needs lots of time and patience. The Akita needs to behave properly so for that you need to socialize them at an early age.
Also, their health is an important factor that is directly related to weight and height so you cannot ignore the health of the health.
Also, you need to notice the change in their height and weight and if you notice something is wrong with them then you need to take some medical help from the vet, so that proper care is given to them and also we would know the reason why the Akita is growing properly or why it is not having a proper weight according to their age. All the factors should be kept in mind while taking care of the Akita.
Leave a Reply