The bearded dragon is one of the amazing reptiles for reptile enthusiasts and also it is a sensitive pet. You need to take care of the bearded dragon so that they do not get sick or in some cases, they can even die if proper care is not taken. It is important to know how to Take Care of Bearded Dragon Eggs.
The female bearded dragon lays eggs even if there are no males around, so in this case, you need to check whether the eggs are dead or not because otherwise, it will be of no use to incubate them. In this article, we will discuss how to tell whether the eggs that are laid by the female bearded dragon are dead or not.
Why to check whether the egg of the bearded dragon is dead or not?
When the female bearded dragon is laying eggs then there are chances that all the eggs they lay will not be fertile and some of them will be dead or infertile, so in order to differentiate between the two you need to check the eggs carefully. Another reason is that the infertile or the dead eggs of the bearded dragon will not hatch so you need to get rid of them and make sure that you do not incubate them because it will be a complete wastage if you will incubate them.
In case if you have incubated the dead eggs there are various ways or signs that will tell you about the fertility of the eggs of the bearded dragon. So you need to carefully observe each of the eggs when the bearded dragon has laid them and do check the eggs carefully without damaging them. Even various diseases like molding can happen to the dead eggs that can spread to other eggs too so you need to get rid of the dead eggs of the bearded dragon as soon as possible.
How to tell if the bearded dragon eggs are dead?
There are various ways in which you can tell that the weather the eggs laid by the female bearded dragon are dead or not and you have to notice the various signs to check the fertility of the bearded dragon’s eggs. The various ways in which we can tell if the bearded dragon’s eggs are dead are listed as below:-
- You need to first hold the egg in your hand so that you can check the fertility of the eggs. After holding the egg in your hand you need to bring it in front of bright light and you can see nothing inside and also the color of the egg appears to be yellow then means it is an infertile egg and should not incubate as it will not hatch.
- Also, another way is that you can notice the size of the infertile egg it will be usually smaller than the fertile one as the fertile eggs will swell up with time but the dead or the infertile eggs will remain of the same size which was at the time of laying. Discard them and do not incubate as it will be of no use.
- In case you have incubated the dead eggs of the bearded dragon it will start to sink and also mold will grow on it. This is a clear indication that the eggs are completely dead and it is of no use. You should take it directly out of the incubator because it can also affect the other eggs lying with it. So do check your eggs on a regular basis when you incubate them.
- Another way in which you can tell that the egg of the bearded dragon is dead is by observing them carefully and if you will notice that there are large cracks or there is a presence of minimal areas where you can find webbed crackling and with this, you can clearly be sure that the egg is dead and you need to get rid of it.
- When you will notice that after placing the eggs in the incubator if will start deflating and there is no swelling and also by touching the egg you will feel that it is too hard. Then it will be dead without any sort of doubt.
- In a healthy egg, you will notice that it is firm and soft when you will touch it, and also they have a white tinge directly after they will hatch and this can be only seen in the fertile eggs, unlike the dead eggs. So you can know the difference between the two.
You need to be very careful while handling the eggs of the bearded dragon because if you will hold them roughly or hardly or if you will rotate a lot there are chances that the egg can get damaged and you can damage the fertile egg in this way. So you need to be very careful while you are checking for the infertility of the egg and do not be careless with the handling.
These are the various ways or signs in which you can tell whether the eggs laid by the female bearded dragon are dead or not. By carefully looking for these signs you can differentiate the eggs and get them rid of the dead eggs because there is no use in incubating the eggs as they will never hatch and also molding and all happens in dead eggs which is also not good for the other eggs too.
The bearded dragon is amazing pets that need lots of love and care from their owners so that they can live happy and even healthy inside the captivity.
You need to spend time with your bearded dragon so that you can know them properly and also know what is right or wrong for them.
This will help in building a strong bond with your bearded dragon and they will not have any sort of problem inside the captivity and they will not cause any issue for you too. You will also notice they will grow healthy if proper care is given to them and they will be very happy and satisfied while they are in the terrarium.